website statistics

Auto Racing NASCAR Cup Series 2020

hckošice

10 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Serious but non-life threatening injuries for Newman.

That’s good to hear, I was really concerned about his condition. It’s like Ford v. Ferrari says “Sometimes they get out, sometimes they don’t”. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Damn, that was horrible. And just to post the crash here:

If he gets out of that one alright, and let's absolutely hope he does, that is one hell of a testament to the safety of race cars.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

People who get this out of their keyboards need help. Or need to just be cut off from internet for their own sake.

82xgfr4frnh41.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

This is pretty hopeful.

And just now:

That ended up well.

• 1 month later...

Kyle Larson has been fired by Ganassi Racing for using some racial slur during online game.

They suspended him at first but then McDonald's pulled the sponsorship from the #42 car and the wheels came off. NASCAR is losing sponsors left, right & center so you can't afford to lose one like McDonald's and keep fielding a car if you're not a start & park entry.

19 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Kyle Larson has been fired by Ganassi Racing for using some racial slur during online game.

They suspended him at first but then McDonald's pulled the sponsorship from the #42 car and the wheels came off. NASCAR is losing sponsors left, right & center so you can't afford to lose one like McDonald's and keep fielding a car if you're not a start & park entry.

He used the n-word when addressing another. It was a pretty bad use of the word too...(in terms of situational awareness)

It was in a public lobby, so others heard him say it. It’s just not the explain we should setting for kids. If he was swearing, I wouldn’t care (and I’d probably defend), but it’s 2020, and we shouldn’t be using the n-word anymore. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

He used the n-word when addressing another. It was a pretty bad use of the word too...(in terms of situational awareness)

It was in a public lobby, so others heard him say it. It’s just not the explain we should setting for kids. If he was swearing, I wouldn’t care (and I’d probably defend), but it’s 2020, and we shouldn’t be using the n-word anymore. 

NASCAR is a redneck country anyway? These guys are setting zero standards given some of the post-race brawls and calling out names plus wrecking people on purpose during races. So you can expect these drivers are not the sharpest tools in the box.

I hear the African-Americans use the n-word all the times in the movies so I guess it's not going anywhere :p

Just now, Monzanator said:

NASCAR is a redneck country anyway? These guys are setting zero standards given some of the post-race brawls and calling out names plus wrecking people on purpose during races. So you can expect these drivers are not the sharpest tools in the box.

I hear the African-Americans use the n-word all the times in the movies so I guess it's not going anywhere :p

Yeah, NASCAR isn’t setting standards.

14 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Jesus, talk about overreacting bullshit.

He was being dumb, the only normal, adult way to react to that is to apologize (like he did) and everyone going on with their life. But yeah, 'Murica. Take your guns to the supermarket and whatnot, but say a wrong word and they push your career down the cliffs. Goddamn idiots.

Almost not sure what's worse, those hypocritical Americans who can only talk about words by referring to their first letter ('the n-word', 'the f-word' and so on, grow up man), or someone making a mistake and being kicked out almost immediately. 'Land of the free, home of the brave', my ass.