website statistics

Auto Racing NASCAR Cup Series 2020

hckošice

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

There’s as much difference in NASCAR races as there is between luge tracks. There is slightly different layout or gimmick, but it’s the same shit week after week. 

The difference is there’s actual competition in luge. 

Sure, sure. I'm just going to let the facts and the things I actually see when actually watching all the races instead of just bitching about them speak for itself.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I watched as a religious fan for about a decade (half of my life, more than half actually), I never heard of either of these. There was the Coca Cola 600 at Charlotte, but I never considered that one of the big races. 

Darlington is easily the best NASCAR track outside of Daytona/Talladega.

World 600 obviously happens on the same day as Indy 500.

Daytona, Talladega, Darlington and Charlotte were the Big 4 tracks of NASCAR back in the Winston Cup days.

I'm old enough to remember they were still racing for the Grand Slam 1 million dollars in the 90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Slam_(NASCAR)

Now all that extra money goes for the All-Star weekend.

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Darlington is easily the best NASCAR track outside of Daytona/Talladega.

World 600 obviously happens on the same day as Indy 500.

Daytona, Talladega, Darlington and Charlotte were the Big 4 tracks of NASCAR back in the Winston Cup days.

I'm old enough to remember they were still racing for the Grand Slam 1 million dollars in the 90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Slam_(NASCAR)

Now all that extra money goes for the All-Star weekend.

For sure.

There’s a NASCAR race that weekend?

Yep, all true.

God you’re old :p

Never was a fan of all-star weekend. I think it would be fun they did some skills contest (like the NBA dunk competition, or MBL Home Run Derby, etc.). Maybe have a go cart race, or a race with some insane rules. I do love the pit-stop competition. Always made sure to tune in to that as a kid.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

For sure.

There’s a NASCAR race that weekend?

Yep, all true.

God you’re old :p

Never was a fan of all-star weekend. I think it would be fun they did some skills contest (like the NBA dunk competition, or MBL Home Run Derby, etc.). Maybe have a go cart race, or a race with some insane rules. I do love the pit-stop competition. Always made sure to tune in to that as a kid.

NASCAR was still on Eurosport back then (and F1 too). Then the Pay-Per-View TV took over :mad:

My first memory of NASCAR on TV was Rusty Wallace flying in the air at Talladega in 1993:

Right, 2020 Daytona 500 part two, here we go :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

He was cheered like crazy at multiple college football games this year.  

Yes, in Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida. The biggest and most diverse states in the union :wacko:. He should come to a game in California, he’ll get the Temer reception.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes, in Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida. The biggest and most diverse states in the union :wacko:. He should come to a game in California, he’ll get the Temer reception.

Doesnt matter.   Plenty of electorates in those states.   Especially in Florida

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Logano caused the Big One.

He’ll win the race now, because NASCAR