website statistics

Auto Racing NASCAR Cup Series 2020

hckošice

22 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

“I don’t follow this issue much, and I don’t know the facts around it. However, I came to the opinion that what’s important is a side I hate lost a political battle that I don’t understand.” That’s real enlightened ?

Have you actually seen a picture of the pull ropes? They are absolutely tied in the style of noose. I’m not saying that’s on purpose, I’m just saying that I could easily see how one could mistake a broken one for a noose. 

People see what they want to see.

You lost this battle over racism in NASCAR so get over it instead of trying to justify the original reports :bye:

17 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

A noose is a slip knot.  By definition, you have to pull on it for it to work, and once you’ve pulled on it, it ceases to be a noose.  That’s how hangings work.  

But if what you say is true, why haven’t we seen a photo of the actual knot?  Why wasn’t that on every front page in America? 

I suggest It’s because the knot is the size of something you use to catch rabbits, not hang humans, and everyone would know that once they saw it, making the hoax too obvious to take seriously.

Here's the picture: 

EbOfDeXXkAEEv9J?format=jpg

It's actually next to the frickin' door. Wood Brothers occupied this garage in the fall 2019 race and they reported it's a pull door handle which blow up the case for the progressives.

The original reports made it sound like the "noose" was hanging in the middle of the garage thrown over a ledge :lol:

20 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

People see what they want to see.

You lost this battle over racism in NASCAR so get over it instead of trying to justify the original reports :bye:

Yep, racism is have never been and will never be a problem in NASCAR. ?

I actually think NASCAR taking a stand here was important. I think people will have a little more respect for the organization now.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

18 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Here's the picture: 

EbOfDeXXkAEEv9J?format=jpg

It's actually next to the frickin' door. Wood Brothers occupied this garage in the fall 2019 race and they reported it's a pull door handle which blow up the case for the progressives.

The original reports made it sound like the "noose" was hanging in the middle of the garage thrown over a ledge :lol:

Right, but you can see how during a racially charged environment, a NASCAR official could walk into the garage meant for a black driver and see that lying on the ground and think “OMG, this is a noose!”

This seems like a pretty simple, honest mistake that NASCAR handled extremely well. They reiterated their stance on the values of their sport, and defended a driver. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

They jumped to conclusions too early, Wallace himself especially, but considering his role in things like banning a flag and the fact they were in Alabama, it's not entirely weird to jump to a conclusion like this - even though it's a mistake. NASCAR handled it well in general, now I hope (but doubt, sadly) Wallace comes out and quite clearly says "Yeah we should have investigated this better first".

Spoiler

Say that on social media and the one side says you're an idiot for showing some understanding for Wallace and the other side says you're an idiot for saying Wallace and his team jumped to conclusions :banana: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yep, racism is have never been and will never be a problem in NASCAR. ?

I actually think NASCAR taking a stand here was important. I think people will have a little more respect for the organization now.

Well, like every other sport in America, NASCAR had a historical problem with racism.  The fact that the only racist incident we can point to over the last few years turned out to be at worst a hoax & at best a misunderstanding suggests that NASCAR has, like everyone else, modernised 

37 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Right, but you can see how during a racially charged environment, a NASCAR official could walk into the garage meant for a black driver and see that lying on the ground and think “OMG, this is a noose!”

This seems like a pretty simple, honest mistake that NASCAR handled extremely well. They reiterated their stance on the values of their sport, and defended a driver. 

This stuff makes Fake News king. There's nothing about an honest mistake a week after the Confederate flag ban. Someone was trying to fuel the BLM movement fire and boost Wallace's status by the looks of it. The timing of the flag ban & this complete failure of making NASCAR look like a band of lynching racists is no coincidence IMO. They called 15 FBI people for this? What was the FBI told in first place? Wood Brothers did a better job of exposing this hoax than FBI. I suppose there is some common sense left in people. Social media & twitter mob is the last place I'd look for common sense though.

Just now, Monzanator said:

This stuff makes Fake News king. There's nothing about an honest mistake a week after the Confederate flag ban. Someone was trying to fuel the BLM movement fire and boost Wallace's status by the looks of it. The timing of the flag ban & this complete failure of making NASCAR look like a band of lynching racists is no coincidence IMO. They called 15 FBI people for this? What was the FBI told in first place? Wood Brothers did a better job of exposing this hoax than FBI. I suppose there is some common sense left in people. Social media & twitter mob is the last place I'd look for common sense though.

Absolutely agree. Half the people there can't get any further than "Wallace can't even drive so he should shut up!" and "Yet another hoax! NWO!" :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Absolutely agree. Half the people there can't get any further than "Wallace can't even drive so he should shut up!" and "Yet another hoax! NWO!" :lol:

I'm pretty sure we won't hear about another "noose" incident related to Wallace as long as he remains an active driver. From a PR stand-point this has been a total disaster for BLM movement :p

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Just so you know, the FBI investigates all reported hate crimes. Since NASCAR believed this was a hate crime, they contacted the FBI. The FBI did their job and cleared it up.  

This definitely wasn’t some large conspiracy constructed by NASCAR. Anyone with common sense would see this as an honest mistake based on the evidence.

I do get a good laugh out of all these conspiracy theories you come up with though, so thanks for that.