website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2020

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

So what about this, if your nation is in the top ten on list, you need to use skiers 5 or 6 in the single mixed relay.  11 and higher, free game for the skiers.  That way the smaller nations actually have a chance.

As an aside, I think biathlon prizes are split the same for men and women.  That is pretty impressive.

Don't think IBU will ever enforce which athlete is eligible to enter what event. What sport prevents its biggest stars in competing what events they like? I can only think of tennis where a Top 10 ranked player can only play two International-level tournaments per season.

21 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

What about what I said was political? I get gender equality is a contentious issue, but I felt I stayed away from the politics of it. I simply stated why an event would be suited to replace two others. What I wrote above is completely about sport whether you agree with it or not. 

I just see zero point for gender relays at this point. Relays are rather “pointless” events to begin with, and the IOC has indicted they want more gender equality and mixed events. Nations will have to be just a deep as they are now, but the emphasis will be placed on being deep in both genders. I think we should do away with the gender relays and embrace the mixed gender relays. 

this entire period is political...

and imho is also disrespectful of half the world, that because of religious, cultural, traditional and social issues can't even imagine to match with this "mixed gender" policy obsession...

Edited by phelps

bout tomorrow's women's relay...

since tomorrow in Anterselva/Antholz there will be a true "parade" by many Italian politicians :yikes: :hairpull: no rest day for Wierer...:facepalm:

and actually, she can't even hope to save her leg after ITA being lapped in the first 3 fractions, because our Team will be in "kamikaze" mode, with Vittozzi starting, then Doro (hoping in the most classical "tv show up" = leading at mid-race), Sanfilippo in 3rd leg (hoping to keep the Team among the top 6th/8th position) and Carrara to close it out (hoping not to be lapped, maybe to save a top 10 finish)...

11 minutes ago, phelps said:

bout tomorrow's women's relay...

since tomorrow in Anterselva/Antholz there will be a true "parade" by many Italian politicians :yikes: :hairpull: no rest day for Wierer...:facepalm:

and actually, she can't even hope to save her leg after ITA being lapped in the first 3 fractions, because our Team will be in "kamikaze" mode, with Vittozzi starting, then Doro (hoping in the most classical "tv show up" = leading at mid-race), Sanfilippo in 3rd leg (hoping to keep the Team among the top 6th/8th position) and Carrara to close it out (hoping not to be lapped, maybe to save a top 10 finish)...

Like Wierer isn't absolutely basking in the super mega amount of attention, if there was a bit less attention she'd immediately log in to Instagram to avoid going without attention for too long :p  

Carrara isn't on the Wierer/Vittozzi level, but being lapped seems a bit too pessimistic :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Like Wierer isn't absolutely basking in the super mega amount of attention, if there was a bit less attention she'd immediately log in to Instagram to avoid going without attention for too long :p  

Carrara isn't on the Wierer/Vittozzi level, but being lapped seems a bit too pessimistic :d 

the problem with Sanfilippo and Carrara is that it take them a hour or so to release the shots at the range...and they still shoot with shameful percentages...with them, we are lucky if we collect "only" 2 or 3 penalty loops and the max number of recharges...:facepalm:

by the way, I must admit that I'm writing this only for superstition...I hope all 4 girls are going to perform at their best so they can end up between 6th and 8th place in the end...;)

French relays (nothing surprising):

Women: Simon - Bescond - Aymonier - Braisaz

Men: Jacquelin - Fourcade - Desthieux - Fillon-Maillet

I'm not expecting anything for the women's relay, a medal would be a miracle at this point.

For the men, anything less than silver would be disappointing, but we're used to seeing them collapse every other time, and since they won the last relay I kind of expect them to not even be on the podium this time.

So yeah, I'm pretty optimistic :d

Surely there is no reason to search Loginov?!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Russophobia, obviously.

Next thing you know, they're knocking on Starykh's door too.