website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2020

Totallympics

55 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Geez, will Eckhoff even make the 60?

Eckhoff 59th, 2.08.0 behind Roeiseland...saving her Pursuit start for just 3.5 secs (:CAN Megan Banks is the unlucky 61st)...

51 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I wonder if Eckhoff pulls out of the pursuit tbh.

I don't think so...

it's not only about the actual world champs, as she already has 3 scores of "0" (or DNS...it's the same) in the World Cup...

she needs to climb the ranking and score some WC points if she doesn't want Wierer to take a big lead before the next weeks' races...

I expect her to start on Sunday and go "all in"...

p.s. weather conditions are expected to change once again from Sunday...the forecast is for a significant raise of the temperature, which will change a lot of things in the snow and in the ski preparation...

Lithuanian rewiew. Seeing natalija on the screen floored me,seein that she shot clean on the prone,even more so. really wanted her to shoot clean,but that might have been too much to ask in those kind of conditions, especially with so many of the leaders having huge meltdowns.still 34th place,seasons best result,first world cup points of the season, I wish her the best of luck in the pursiut, move up a few places, or atleast not to fall compleatly to the bottom like last time,just to make the critics in Lithuania shut up, she was 27th last year, so this kind of performance isn t a miracle,the other two dind t do too bad in terms of the shooting,the younger one especially just needs years to work on her speed.         

Ivona Fialková equalled today her PB finishing in 9th place. The only and last time she was in the top 10 was in the Oslo 2015 World Cup sprint when she also finished on 9th place but then she had 0+0, today she was 0+1 (incredible that without that very last missed target she would likely won bronze lol)

At least this may (considering she will be able to repeat +/- this result also in the Pursuit) open her the door also for the Mass Start at the WCh

She became today the 9th Slovak biathlete ever to finish in top 10 at WCH (after Mihoková, Halinárová, Murínová, Matiaško, Hurajt, Kuzmina, Gereková and her older sister Paulína)

but what is the more important is that today, she fulfilled the criterias for inclusion in the Slovak Sport Top Team, ie she will receive extra funding from our Ministry of Education, Sciences and Sports to prepare for the next two seasons (and join her sister there) !!! So happy for her congrats Ivka ! :clap:

fialkova-i-20-objatie-paulina-sta.jpg.de

Several of the big guns missing a ton of targets contributed to some second tier athletes overperforming.

Sadly that wasn't the case for Kamila Zuk who missed four in the prone before going clear in the stands. One of these days she will hit 10/10.

Btw, Tomasz Sikora said yesterday Olsbu had her rifle repaired before the WChamps since somtething was wrong with it. Guess whatever they did, it worked pretty well :p

Lotte Lie :BEL made it into the pursuit in 60th :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

51 minutes ago, dcro said:

Jesipionok missed a target? What the hell! :yikes:

Yeah, her first in-competition miss in over 4 days :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!