website statistics

Men's Baseball MLB 2020

Totallympics

I will never ever understand this level of hipocrisy of the American media (and not only by the media)...

in a Country with so many controversial episodes of true, real racism and discrimination, people are obsessed with a sports team's nickname...:facepalm: :wall:

I expect this kind of attitude here in Italy and instead we can find it also in places that are supposed to be a lot more serious than this fuc*in' nation...:nopompom:

p.s. I hope they won't be named the Cleveland Baseball Team, now...:hairpull:

5 hours ago, phelps said:

I will never ever understand this level of hipocrisy of the American media (and not only by the media)...

in a Country with so many controversial episodes of true, real racism and discrimination, people are obsessed with a sports team's nickname...:facepalm: :wall:

I expect this kind of attitude here in Italy and instead we can find it also in places that are supposed to be a lot more serious than this fuc*in' nation...:nopompom:

p.s. I hope they won't be named the Cleveland Baseball Team, now...:hairpull:

This was the logo the franchise had used for decades and finally retired a few years ago..

Chief-Wahoo-Logo-History-Cleveland-India

So I can understand what they might want to move away from that history.  No question this nation has an odd relationship with its own history of racism and discrimination that it sometimes a lot of people aren't fully aware of.  It's been suggested for years that the Indians drop the logo and then the name, so this isn't just something from the media.  And they're trying to get out in front of it, unlike with the Washington Football Team, where a major sponsor threatens to pull their funding if nothing changes.