website statistics

Men's Baseball MLB 2020

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Will the AL still use the designated hitter though? If so, that gives AL even a bigger advantage in home inter-league games.

AL leads NL in inter-league season records 17-6 :wacko:

The DH isn't going away anytime soon.  Much more likely it gets adopted by the NL before the AL gets rid of it.

13 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

The DH isn't going away anytime soon.  Much more likely it gets adopted by the NL before the AL gets rid of it.

yeah, that's the problem...

hope it's never gonna happen, anyway...

long live the NL (without the DH)...:cheer:

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

yeah, that's the problem...

hope it's never gonna happen, anyway...

long live the NL (without the DH)...:cheer:

It's coming.  Potentially in the next few years.  Get ready to embrace it.  What will we ever do without pitchers hitting!?:yes

11 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

It's coming.  Potentially in the next few years.  Get ready to embrace it.  What will we ever do without pitchers hitting!?:yes

gonna watch a lot more Central League games of the Japanese NPB (they are not going to use DH...never...we can be sure of that)...:lol:

Edited by phelps

Hot take: Man, Astros fans are so far gone right now. They keep playing the victim card (notably like Russian fans), and it’s so annoying. Your team was harassing women reporters, then stealing other teams signs, and then held a press conference talking about the cheating wasn’t bad “since it didn’t effect the game”. If it were up to me, the Astros ought to be banned from playing next year. I’m so tired of these Astros fans complaining about unfair treatment. 

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Hot take: Man, Astros fans are so far gone right now. They keep playing the victim card (notably like Russian fans), and it’s so annoying. Your team was harassing women reporters, then stealing other teams signs, and then held a press conference talking about the cheating wasn’t bad “since it didn’t effect the game”. If it were up to me, the Astros ought to be banned from playing next year. I’m so tired of these Astros fans complaining about unfair treatment. 

If I were the commissioner, I would have them banned from the postseason for 2-3 years, similar to Man City’s punishment.

Seems like typical off-season drama. Baseball is way too sensitive anyway. Who cares about all the "unwritten rules" crap in first place? Then some fighting during games and all the bad talk. Wasn't it Ty Cobb who said "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"? The Astros deal just falls in line with decades of foul play within this sport. I'm sorry but everyone who preaches high morals now is just a prisoner of the moment. Baseball was as dirty as the proverbial spitball. Move on, people!

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Seems like typical off-season drama. Baseball is way too sensitive anyway. Who cares about all the "unwritten rules" crap in first place? Then some fighting during games and all the bad talk. Wasn't it Ty Cobb who said "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"? The Astros deal just falls in line with decades of foul play within this sport. I'm sorry but everyone who preaches high morals now is just a prisoner of the moment. Baseball was as dirty as the proverbial spitball. Move on, people!

I’m not a baseball fan, and won’t pretend to be one. I’m just not okay with these Astros fans played the victim card. They’re not victims. Your team cheated, and failed horribly at their attempt to apologize. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m not a baseball fan, and won’t pretend to be one. I’m just not okay with these Astros fans played the victim card. They’re not victims. Your team cheated, and failed horribly at their attempt to apologize. 

What do you expect them to do? Everyone should stop being an Astros fan because of sign stealing? Damn, then why White Sox still have fans after their team threw the World Series all those decades ago? :p  One thing I learned about Americans is that they never sit quiet and do what other people tell them to do. Quite frankly I expect Astros fans to play the "me vs the world" card for the next 10 years now.