website statistics

Medal Contenders who will miss the 2020 Summer Olympic Games

45 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Might be the most insensitive thing and xenophobic thing I’ve read on Totallympics in a while, and I’ve read many of bestmen’s posts.

While I agree that her choice in faith doesn’t give her special leeway to dictate the Olympic schedule, we also shouldn’t attack her for what she believes. I 100% disagree with Orthodox Jews on most things, but I also am tolerant of their ways.

I am Jewish but not an Orthodox Jew myself and I have my opinion on them and yes my way of life is different than that of an Orthodox Jew .

(not all the Jews are similar which I find weird to mention but apparently for some it’s necessary to know...)her anger at the decision of moving the date and place of the Marathon as she could compete at first but now not is reasonable in my opinion so here in Israel a lot of people including Jews Orthodox and Not (like myself) and Non Jews comfort her and tried to motivate her as she felts her dream was crashed while knowing that this change was necessary but it’s to a different discussion...

But the most important is that being tolerant towards others  is one of the best qualities that a one can have and I respect that

5 hours ago, LDOG said:

For us, Del Potro most likely.

He just had another surgery in the knee and there just isn't enough time for him to comeback and qualify with any criteria for the games (I think).

Funnily enough, last time he won a medal while entering the competition with protected ranking. This time there isn't even chance for that.

I like him very much especially his stunning forehand, but so sad his career is full of up and downs. Injuries almost occur during his whole career. He could have much more achievements if stay healthy. Hope he will recover soon.

12 hours ago, Dnl said:

I agree and Hope that she could find her way to combine the two 

Well in this case the only way is to say "Even though my religion says it's a rest day, I'll run anyway because it's my dream."

Most likely she won't, I guess, so she can't run. It really is/was entirely up to her and if her Olympic dream is less important than her having to follow religious rules without any chance for an exception, then that is the only choice she could make.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

36 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well in this case the only way is to say "Even though my religion says it's a rest day, I'll run anyway because it's my dream."

Most likely she won't, I guess, so she can't run. It really is/was entirely up to her and if her Olympic dream is less important than her having to follow religious rules without any chance for an exception, then that is the only choice she could make.

Well this how most of us will see it ,

but the rules of a religion, and any religion for that matter will be the chosen option in cases like that ,religious people are truly devoted to religion for better and for worse. 
Hope for her that in Paris 2024 she could and would compete she is has really interesting story and she is great inspiration for women Jewish and not, that even if you are a mother of 5 and choose a certain lifestyle you can find a way to combine it unfortunately for her and for us I think it won’t be in this time 

23 minutes ago, Dnl said:

but the rules of a religion, and any religion for that matter will be the chosen option in cases like that ,religious people are truly devoted to religion for better and for worse. 
Hope for her that in Paris 2024 she could and would compete she is has really interesting story and she is great inspiration for women Jewish and not, that even if you are a mother of 5 and choose a certain lifestyle you can find a way to combine it unfortunately for her and for us I think it won’t be in this time 

I'd love to see her compete and possibly inspire some people, yes. I hope she does understand that Olympic schedules can't be made around which day is an 'impossible' day for which religion though, but I'm sure she understands that even though it's a shame for her now.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Dnl said:

Unrelated to the question of her religious beliefs, does she had a realistic chance to qualify for the Olympics with a PB of 2:42? Qualifying standard is 2:29:30 and I doubt that you finish Top 10 at a Major Marathon with 2:42 in order to qualify by place.

25 minutes ago, LowerSaxony said:

Unrelated to the question of her religious beliefs, does she had a realistic chance to qualify for the Olympics with a PB of 2:42? Qualifying standard is 2:29:30 and I doubt that you finish Top 10 at a Major Marathon with 2:42 in order to qualify by place.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/article240020808.html

well she did 2:32:25 this year in an official contest this year and in practices and she did even better she started practicieing in our national olympic athleats team with the plan and thought that she will go to the olympics but since the Marathon will be on Saturday and another athleat already took the place instead of her it does not metter.

the theme hear was about athleats who will miss this year's olympics and she is an exmple of it 

32 minutes ago, Dnl said:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/article240020808.html

well she did 2:32:25 this year in an official contest this year and in practices and she did even better she started practicieing in our national olympic athleats team with the plan and thought that she will go to the olympics but since the Marathon will be on Saturday and another athleat already took the place instead of her it does not metter.

the theme hear was about athleats who will miss this year's olympics and she is an exmple of it 

Ah okay. The article linked in your first post said her PB was 2:42. However, on that level 3 minutes improvement is not easily done (yet possible ofc).

1 minute ago, LowerSaxony said:

Ah okay. The article linked in your first post said her PB was 2:42. However, on that level 3 minutes improvement is not easily done (yet possible ofc).

you are absolutly right! and well my mistake with the article :wall: