website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

Treated myself to a little something special today, 2011 Asian Winter Games - Women’s Downhill :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Belgium has produced world champions? WDF doesn't count, I'm talking about the serious ones only :p 

I doubt it'll ever get big outside the current countries. They're desperately trying to make it grow in Germany, but much like in the Netherlands that's mostly just filled with a toxic audience.

well, maybe they're targeting the wrong audience...:whistle:

here in Italy Darts surprisingly have very good tv ratings (and they're only on 2nd tier paid services, like dazn or eurosport, nothing on free tv), especially among the youngsters (and that's also quite unexpected)...

maybe it's worth an attempt to try and develop this activity (I refuse to call it a sport...and I'm not a fan of Darts at all, tbh) around the Mediterranean Sea...:mumble:

LeMans 24h virtual. Although there are a few :POL drivers on the grid, as well as a few other drivers I like, my fingers are crossed for #54 Strong Together. :MON  Viva a Principessa! Viva Munegu!

PS: The Princely Family in mourning as Baroness Elisabeth-Anne de Massy died a few days ago. Most of sport fans know her from patronage over Monte Carlo tennis.

11 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

LeMans 24h virtual. Although there are a few :POL drivers on the grid, as well as a few other drivers I like, my fingers are crossed for #54 Strong Together. :MON  Viva a Principessa! Viva Munegu!

PS: The Princely Family in mourning as Baroness Elisabeth-Anne de Massy died a few days ago. Most of sport fans know her from patronage over Monte Carlo tennis.

Ah, the 10 second (or so) world champion in the team, cool :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

After deep look into the grid it seems there is another royal representative - Ferdinand Habsburg, who is not only the great-grandson of the last Kaiser, but is the oldest son of he oldest son of the oldest son of the last Kaiser - in other words, the one, who would get the throne someday, if the Austria-Hungary still existed.

5 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

After deep look into the grid it seems there is another royal representative - Ferdinand Habsburg, who is not only the great-grandson of the last Kaiser, but is the oldest son of he oldest son of the oldest son of the last Kaiser - in other words, the one, who would get the throne someday, if the Austria-Hungary still existed.

Yep, he's a well-known driver for fans who watch more than just F1 and for the past 2-3 years in which he's been racing in F3 and DTM, the Dutch commentator for some reason always feels like it's necessary to say his full name once, like he forgets he has already done that a billion times :p 

Ferdinand Zvonimir Maria Balthus Keith Michael Otto Antal Bahnam Leonhard von Habsburg-Lothringen.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yep, he's a well-known driver for fans who watch more than just F1 and for the past 2-3 years in which he's been racing in F3 and DTM, the Dutch commentator for some reason always feels like it's necessary to say his full name once, like he forgets he has already done that a billion times :p 

Ferdinand Zvonimir Maria Balthus Keith Michael Otto Antal Bahnam Leonhard von Habsburg-Lothringen.

Lucky he didn’t go in for the 60m sprint, then.

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

Lucky he didn’t go in for the 60m sprint, then.

Yeah, 'Habsburg' would take way too long to pronounce :p 

2 hours ago, Vojthas said:

He’s on a team with Jimmy Broadbent, so we can support the same team today :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela