website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

The Danish football league just restarted this weekend. 5 rounds before splitting into 2 halves and my team is just below the split at the moment. But we just announced Jack Wilshere as a new player today.

And of course the real start of the cycling season next week with Omloop and Kuurne next weekend. 

Not to forget plenty of winter sports world cups still to come.

The indoor athletics world championships will be another highlight as well.

I forgot to mention I always follow football as well! Good luck in the Danish league.

My home team has got important matches coming up the next two weeks in the Conference League and a cup semifinal. I don't see us having a realistic chance of beating Ajax for the Eredivisie, so I'm hoping we can win something else this season.

18 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Another Olympics is over... So what is everyone looking forward to watching next?

I'm looking forward to road cycling classics (Strade Bianche 5 March!), indoor athletics world championship (18-20 March) and short track world championship (18-20 March).

I’ll probably take a bit of break for the next week or so, maybe watch a few things I missed from Beijing or Tokyo, and then get ready for the Winter Paralympics. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Jinzha said:

Another Olympics is over... So what is everyone looking forward to watching next?

I'm looking forward to road cycling classics (Strade Bianche 5 March!), indoor athletics world championship (18-20 March) and short track world championship (18-20 March).

Biathlon junior worlds and cross-country skiing junior/U23 worlds will start soon. I'll try to watch some of that. Will try to figure out who might be the stars of 2026.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 hours ago, Jinzha said:

Ah, that familiar feeling of emptiness when an Olympics is over :( 16 days of checking my phone for results the moment I wake up, staying up till ridiculous times to watch events, and all of a sudden there's nothing!

Still, there's the end of the winter sports seasons to see out. I'll be particularly following the last four weeks of the Alpine Ski World Cup and Ski Jumping World Cup, plus there's the Winter Paralympics in a few weeks. After that my attention will switch to the F1 - having F1 and Alpine Skiing as my two favourite sports is the perfect combo, because one season always ends just as the other begins and I rarely have a weekend without any sport to watch :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Jinzha said:

For winter, alpine skiing and biathlon.  I hope Mikaela can right things.  Then for summer, world championships in aquatics, athletics, and gymnastics for each of the next two years and women's basketball this year.  Also, rowing, to see if US women can come back.