website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

3 minutes ago, bmo said:

Best of luck! My sports weekend was jam packed with WTA tennis from Prague & Lexington, the LPGA & PGA golf events, the Marble League, MLB & the NHL. I saved the final 2 stages of the Dauphiné to watch tomorrow (no spoilers please).

You watch a lot more sports than I do. 

What’s school look like for you this semester?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

You watch a lot more sports than I do. 

What’s school look like for you this semester?

As far as sports, I don’t like watching replays of old events. I’d rather watch live events. It looks like you spend a lot of time watching replays.

For school, we will be online for September & October. The district will re-evaluate after October. Nothing has really changed since the spring. Are you at a community college or a 4 year?

3 hours ago, bmo said:

As far as sports, I don’t like watching replays of old events. I’d rather watch live events. It looks like you spend a lot of time watching replays.

For school, we will be online for September & October. The district will re-evaluate after October. Nothing has really changed since the spring. Are you at a community college or a 4 year?

I don’t actually watch a lot of sports. I do spend a lot of time reading results and articles about various events though. I would say that it’s easier for me to watch live sports, but I enjoy watching replays too. I hate professional sports, so that doesn’t leave me with a lot to watch currently. . I do love multi sports games, and I only really started watching them religiously after Rio, so I have a lot to catch up on there, so that’s how I choose to spend my time during quarantine. I think after the first week of this semester, I’ll mark the four year anniversary of the 2016 Summer Paralympic Games by rewatching the Games. That’s the plan for now anyway.

Oh good. I’m glad your in a district like that. I’m incredibly lucky to have online classes for the entire semester, so I shouldn’t have to worry too much about my health. I’m entering my second year of community college. I’ll be applying to a four year university this fall (I’d start there next fall). Personally, I’d recommend going to community college and then transferring to a four year. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t actually watch a lot of sports. I do spend a lot of time reading results and articles about various events though. I would say that it’s easier for me to watch live sports, but I enjoy watching replays too. I hate professional sports, so that doesn’t leave me with a lot to watch currently. . I do love multi sports games, and I only really started watching them religiously after Rio, so I have a lot to catch up on there, so that’s how I choose to spend my time during quarantine. I think after the first week of this semester, I’ll mark the four year anniversary of the 2016 Summer Paralympic Games by rewatching the Games. That’s the plan for now anyway.

Oh good. I’m glad your in a district like that. I’m incredibly lucky to have online classes for the entire semester, so I shouldn’t have to worry too much about my health. I’m entering my second year of community college. I’ll be applying to a four year university this fall (I’d start there next fall). Personally, I’d recommend going to community college and then transferring to a four year. 

I am definitely considering going that route. What do you think your major will be at the four year?

45 minutes ago, bmo said:

I am definitely considering going that route. What do you think your major will be at the four year?

Well, I already declared my major at my community college, so I’ll stick with it at a four year.

I’m a communication studies major. 

35 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, I already declared my major at my community college, so I’ll stick with it at a four year.

I’m a communication studies major. 

Cool, I am guessing you want to be a journalist for a career?

6 minutes ago, bmo said:

Cool, I am guessing you want to be a journalist for a career?

Undecided on that. Communications gives me a couple of options. I could do journalism, PR, copy writing/advertising, social media, public speaking, etc.

I’m not really sure where I want to specialize yet. I’ve still got some time to figure that out. I’ve really enjoyed all my comms classes though, so I’m certain I made the correct choice.