website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

Cycling - Tour de France!  Also Tour de Hongrie.

Speedway - Grand Prix starts at last!   Innovative double header from Wrocław tonight & tomorrow.  With fans!  The great thing about SGP is that every single heat of every single round counts towards the overall.

Rugby League - 5 Super League matches over the weekend, unfortunately it is Catalans Dragons’ turn to have a quarantine break.

Athletics - Lots of National Champs this weekend, inc Sweden, Poland, Ukraine.

1 hour ago, bmo said:

Today & this weekend I will watch Tennis (W&S Open), Golf (PGA & LPGA), Tour de France, MLB, a bit of NHL & American football returns this week on the college level :clap:

How many conferences are playing?  I know the Big 10 (actually 14) had scratched entirely, but the others?

27 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

How many conferences are playing?  I know the Big 10 (actually 14) had scratched entirely, but the others?

3 out of the 5 power conferences are playing (SEC, ACC & Big 12). The other two (Big Ten & PAC 12) are not. The Big Ten is considering starting in November, but they have no plan in place at this point. 

2 minutes ago, bmo said:

3 out of the 5 power conferences are playing (SEC, ACC & Big 12). The other two (Big Ten & PAC 12) are not. The Big Ten is considering starting in November, but they have no plan in place at this point. 

Hopefully they will be embarrassed into playing. Will be losing megabucks.

More 2016 Summer Paralympic Games replays today. I’m still making my way through Day 1, so probably some Cycling, Powerlifting, and Swimming this weekend. I spent this week watching all the 7-a-side action from Day 1. I’m a little bummed it was kicked off the program for Tokyo 2020 because I really enjoyed watching it. I like the rule modifications they make for it too (30 min. halves, no offside, smaller goals).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Eventing Nations Cup done, F1 Q meanwhile, now Athletics Polish Championships, in a while Volleyball Supercoppa Italiana Femminile (Novara, mi amore) and a good finish with Speedway Grand Prix (unless I'll decid to go on with Supercoppa as Stysiak plays in Scandicci).

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason I finally decided to watch the 2011 Asian Winter Games opening ceremony tonight. 

During the Parade of Nations, volunteers lined the walk way waving flags from all the countries of Asia. One flag in particular stuck out (sorry for the bad screenshot):

644D1562-AEC2-4A61-B177-D4587C04F6FE.jpeg

PR China must have lost their shit :p

Edit: I made rare geography mistake. I forgot this was the old Burma flag, which @intoronto kindly pointed out to me. I’m going blame that mistake on age, but it was just a mental lapse.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela