website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

Well, that’s me sorted for the next couple of hours.  The 2019 European Tram Driver Championships from Brussels.  :clap:

Geez, not wanting to give away any spoilers, but if I ever go to Stockholm, I’m sticking to the bus.  They must have a lot of amputees.

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

don´t get what you mean ? SVK competed in Weightlifting at every Olympics since our first appearance at the Summer OG in 1996

Isn't that flag wrong?

I can remember some sports events randomly using reversed coats of arms on flags, and thus leaving us all with the question "Why?". :p

#banbestmen

18 minutes ago, dcro said:

Isn't that flag wrong?

I can remember some sports events randomly using reversed coats of arms on flags, and thus leaving us all with the question "Why?". :p

ah ok I see.

Well, the funny thing is that actually this one is the correct one :d Officially if the national flag is hung vertically, the emblem must be in the middle.

1730507955_hokejhymna.jpg.dce36ced061483

1993c018z0063_2019c000z0126o006.jpg

basically we have two sorts of national flag in Slovakia the one "normal" used in horizontal position

1993c018z0063_2019c000z0126o005.jpg

and the other one that have to be used in vertical position.

Anyway the white part must be in the left.

What if a smaller event only has a regular Slovak flag, but hangs their flags vertically? :p 

Like maybe IBU Cups, where the flags are generally pretty weird. Imagine a Brazilian flag that's at least 90% green and has a tiny bit of the yellow/blue thing in the middle :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What if a smaller event only has a regular Slovak flag, but hangs their flags vertically? :p 

Like maybe IBU Cups, where the flags are generally pretty weird. Imagine a Brazilian flag that's at least 90% green and has a tiny bit of the yellow/blue thing in the middle :d 

Obviously it is wrong, but, well, I mean we can live with that :p In fact, funnily enough it was in Beijing of all places when they hung the flag correctly, in majority in many other events our flag was usually hung wrongly (Basically like every time outside SVK or CZE :d) but hey, we can live with that, we usually even don´t pay attention to it at all, I mean we were used to much bigger "faux-pas" than this, like SLO flag instead of ours etc... :lol:

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Obviously it is wrong, but, well, I mean we can live with that :p In fact, funnily enough it was in Beijing of all places when they hung the flag correctly, in majority in many other events our flag was usually hung wrongly (Basically like every time outside SVK or CZE :d) but hey, we can live with that, we usually even don´t pay attention to it at all, I mean we were used to much bigger "faux-pas" than this, like SLO flag instead of ours etc... :lol:

See, you shouldn’t be soft about that kind of thing.  Dig your heels in!  Learn from the North Koreans!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-18991619

3 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

See, you shouldn’t be soft about that kind of thing.  Dig your heels in!  Learn from the North Koreans!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-18991619

nah that flag thing(s) won't drive us crazy anymore :p but what may reliably irritate, annoy and piss off us completely is when they play us the :SLOanthem :lol:

Spoiler