website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

The aim is to drink 600 Coca-Colas or...?

Just in case it is a serious question: no, 600 is the race distance in miles :p 

Your suggestion would go well with Nathan's Hot Dog Contest - still planned for early July I think.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I quite enjoyed watching some of the old Olympic ceremonies with y’all recently, and with the Olympics postponed, I’m little unsure of what to do this summer.

So I was thinking we could all chose a multi-sports to relive together. We could open a thread like “Relive: 2019 African Games” (this example is not possible, since almost no public footage exists, but you should get the point), and relive the games day by day, watching events according the schedule, and chatting like it’s live. If we were to do this (and I think it’d be a fun little thing to do as a community before sports begin again), I think we should choose a games where a lot of public footage is available (examples: 2015 European Games, 2016 Summer Paralympics, 2012 Summer Olympics, 2017 Summer Deaflympics, etc. (I can post a full list of options if wanted).

So what do y’all think? 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

23 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I quite enjoyed watching some of the old Olympic ceremonies with y’all recently, and with the Olympics postponed, I’m little unsure of what to do this summer.

So I was thinking we could all chose a multi-sports to relive together. We could open a thread like “Relive: 2019 African Games” (this example is not possible, since almost no public footage exists, but you should get the point), and relive the games day by day, watching events according the schedule, and chatting like it’s live. If we were to do this (and I think it’d be a fun little thing to do as a community before sports begin again), I think we should choose a games where a lot of public footage is available (examples: 2015 European Games, 2016 Summer Paralympics, 2012 Summer Olympics, 2017 Summer Deaflympics, etc. (I can post a full list of options if wanted).

So what do y’all think? 

I think I have quite a lot of stuff still to see of which I don't know the results yet, probably I'd just end up watching that :p (two years worth of MMA mainly)

If watching some replays of multi-sports events, for me it'd be about Olympics, probably 2012 or 2008 - Olympics that I have actually watched, but aren't so close anymore to still remember most things. A more useful/normal time of life is about to start though (you know, work and such), so I'm probably not gonna have a whole lot of time to spend 1-2 hours a day watching things I've already seen :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I think I have quite a lot of stuff still to see of which I don't know the results yet, probably I'd just end up watching that :p (two years worth of MMA mainly)

If watching some replays of multi-sports events, for me it'd be about Olympics, probably 2012 or 2008 - Olympics that I have actually watched, but aren't so close anymore to still remember most things. A more useful/normal time of life is about to start though (you know, work and such), so I'm probably not gonna have a whole lot of time to spend 1-2 hours a day watching things I've already seen :p 

I finish my spring semester on Thursday, and I’m not doing a damn thing in June. I have few projects to help out with, but I should have plenty of free time. I really just want to use this summer to enjoy some of the multi-sports games I’ve missed, or would like to remember again. 

I could see how people who have jobs to return to could be hindered in their ability to participate though. If we were to do this, you could always join in at random times of course.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I've still been watching some Rio 2016 finals on Youtube. They've stopped uploading new ones though, it's mostly older replays now.

I've (re)watched: triathlon, marathon, volleyball, beach volleyball, field hockey, handball, water polo and basketball.

Running out of sports I enjoy watching by now. Currently the badminton women's double final is on. I don't think I've ever watched a full match of badminton before, but it's surprisingly entertaining.

I saw they uploaded cycling's women road race recently, but I just can't bear rewatching that one!

Any other recommendations after I finish badminton?

4 hours ago, Jinzha said:

I've still been watching some Rio 2016 finals on Youtube. They've stopped uploading new ones though, it's mostly older replays now.

I've (re)watched: triathlon, marathon, volleyball, beach volleyball, field hockey, handball, water polo and basketball.

Running out of sports I enjoy watching by now. Currently the badminton women's double final is on. I don't think I've ever watched a full match of badminton before, but it's surprisingly entertaining.

I saw they uploaded cycling's women road race recently, but I just can't bear rewatching that one!

Perhaps some fencing and canoe slalom?

17 hours ago, Jinzha said:

Maybe London 2012 replays. All event replays are on youtube.