website statistics

Equestrian FEI Dressage World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

Dressage circuit is not doing too good either.

In the Western European League, Vilhemsbjorg stage was held (in October), while Salzburg and Den Bosch are still on the 'go'. Some say it's only a matter of time before Salzburg gets scratched too, though.

As for the Gothenburg Finals, FEI surprised everyone this week by announcing that 3 starting slots (reserved for extra entries, host nation and Asia/South America) suddenly got transferred to Western Europe instead. Everyone assumed it was due to transportation costs in times of pandemic, but nope, FEI later confirmed it had nothing to do with money and still gave no reason behind this decision at all. :DOM Yvonne Losos de Muniz, who already started her WC campaign in Florida, is mad. And rightly so.

#banbestmen

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, the North American League continued today in Wellington, FL.

Victory for :USA Olivia LaGoy-Weltz with a pretty good score (73.9%). If she continues building on this, she could become one of the most fancy named Olympians in Tokyo.

National record for :DOM Losos de Muniz (71.7%), and a note-worthy debut of the young Californian :USA Ben Ebeling (70.8%). He could be a dark horse for the American team selection.

https://results.equestrian-hub.com/show/431/7299

#banbestmen

Impressive victory for Olivia LaGoy-Weltz in the freestyle (81.545% PB). :yes

The last spot on the American Olympic team appears to be hers to lose. Maybe only Sabine Schut-Kerry can pose a threat. Ben Ebeling is not up to the task yet, as evidenced by yesterday's performance (74.2%).

Steffen Peters and Adrienne Lyle are pretty safe, so it's all about that third spot.

#banbestmen

• 4 weeks later...

As long as the WC Final is still on, I might as well keep up with the updates... This is all very Olympics-being-held dependent. If the IOC cancels them, I'm sure FEI will immediately pull the plug on this, since they pretty much took all financial responsibilities from Gothenburg.

North American League - Stage 6 (Wellington, FL)

:CAN Brittany Fraser-Beaulieu (All In) - 79.330%

:USA Ashley Holzer (Valentine) - 78.365%

:USA Anna Buffini (Davinia la Douce) - 75.505%

Full results...

Standings after Stage 6/7...

#banbestmen

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

:SVK Motešice are hosting the final Central European League stage this weekend.

I'm curious to know whether @hckošice can find anything on this event. :d

I had absolutely no idea such village even exist, I had to google a lot :lol:

it looks it is a very small village in the Trenčín district but they often organized some minor and regional dressage and jumping events

now for the race:

what is the difference between CDI-W & CDN ?

Because the CDI-W are cancelled for this weekend, however the Slovak Equestrian Federation asked FEI for the possibility to just postpone the event to late March.

The CDN event will take place but without spectators and under obligatory testing this Friday

4 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I had absolutely no idea such village even exist, I had to google a lot :lol:

it looks it is a very small village in the Trenčín district but they often organized some minor and regional dressage and jumping events

now for the race:

what is the difference between CDI-W & CDN ?

Because the CDI-W are cancelled for this weekend, however the Slovak Equestrian Federation asked FEI for the possibility to just postpone the event to late March.

The CDN event will take place but without spectators and under obligatory testing this Friday

Thanks. This helps a lot actually. :d

CDI-W stands for the World Cup, so I guess it will not go forward as planned. CDN is a national event.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Thanks. This helps a lot actually. :d

CDI-W stands for the World Cup, so I guess it will not go forward as planned. CDN is a national event.

ah ok, make sense. CDI (International) CDN (National)

well, one learn something everyday I guess :d

Yes, sadly the international event is cancelled

obrázok.png

but it looks they somehow managed to set new date

obrázok.png

• 2 weeks later...

Indoor Brabant got cancelled for the second year running (this time due to an equine virus outbreak), so the Western European Season is over with just two events gone... Unless the rules change again, which is possible, this is an overview of the qualifiers for the World Cup Finals in Gothenburg scheduled for early April...

Defending champion (1, from 2019)

:GER Isabell Werth

Western European League (9)

:GER Jessica von Bredow-Werndl

:GER Helen Langehanenberg

:SWE Patrik Kittel

:FRA Morgan Barbancon

:IRL Anna Merveldt

:NED Thamar Zweistra

:AUT Christian Schumach

:DEN Carina Cassoe Krueth

:DEN Cathrine Dufour

Central European League (2)

:RUS Regina Isachkina

:HUN Csaba Szokola

North American League (2)

:USA Olivia LaGoy-Weltz

:USA Charlotte Jorst

Non-League (1)

:DOM Yvonne Losos de Muniz

"Wild Cards" (3, based on World rankings, with minimum one WC participation this season set as a requirement)

:SWE Antonia Ramel

:USA Shelly Francis

:DEN Lone Bang Larsen

(probably some further reallocatoins coming up here)

Hopefully FEI can still salvage the Finals, against all odds...

#banbestmen