website statistics

Sport Events Cancelled due to Coronavirus Outbreak

up and down

3 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

A lots of Olympic qualification events in February have moved to elsewhere outside China including boxing, basketball and football. Those will be held in March and April are not that urgent to decide. I suppose March events may suspend or change the location, April events may be held as usual if the virus is over.

As the government putting all available resource to contain the virus spread including transport restriction in Wuhan and the social awareness arising to prevent the virus by 'strictly staying at home and cutting off social contact', I personally think the virus outbreak would gradually decrease in mid Feb and end in March  

Thank you very much for your reply. However I personally think that the virus will still keep on spreading and it might take 1 whole year to subside. The SARS epidemic happened in year 2002 up to year 2003. So I still think that it is best to think of another venue to hold BAC to be on the safe side. This is Olympic qualification year and we do not want anything untoward to happen to any badminton players.

Edited by up and down

4 minutes ago, up and down said:

Thank you very much for your reply. However I personally think that the virus will still keep on spreading and it might take 1 whole year to subside. The SARS epidemic happened in year 2002 up to year 2003. So I still think that it is best to think of another venue to hold BAC to be on the safe side. This is Olympic qualification year and we do not want anything untoward to happen to any badminton players.

Badminton Asia Confederation definitely fear to bear the responsibility of athletes infection especially during the Olympic year. The host city is definitely gonna change, but if it's in China is still questionable.

Just now, Vic Liu said:

Badminton Asia Confederation definitely fear to bear the responsibility of athletes infection especially during the Olympic year. The host city is definitely gonna change, but if it's in China is still questionable.

Yes I totally agree with you. The host city must change. It should be moved out from China altogether for safety reasons. The whole of Indonesian team as far as I know has pulled out of Lingshui China Masters 2020. They are also considering pulling out their badminton players from playing in BAC now. So this is getting severe. Somehow the event must be shifted out from China. To do this they need to start finding countries who can host this event starting from now.

I am not following Badminton, but if said tournament is to take place in Wuhan city itself, its 100% that it will be moved as the city is under lockdown/quarantine (and probably will be for the foreseeable future)

Whether or not it will be moved out of China altogether will probably depend on how this situation evolves in the coming weeks

2 minutes ago, dharang said:

I am not following Badminton, but if said tournament is to take place in Wuhan city itself, its 100% that it will be moved as the city is under lockdown/quarantine (and probably will be for the foreseeable future)

Whether or not it will be moved out of China altogether will probably depend on how this situation evolves in the coming weeks

Thank you very much for your reply.

29 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

The latest news I read is that PBSI, Indonesia Badminton Association has already suggested to Badminton Asia Confederation and BWF to move Badminton Asia Championship not to be held in Wuhan, China as long as the Corona Virus is still spreading rapidly in Wuhan.

48 minutes ago, bestmen said:

What about the chinese athletes ! will they travel and participate outside China , they could contaminate other countries ? 

No reason to worry except for those coming from Wuhan.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

LOL , all the country is contaminated , china tries to hide the truth just like many countries 

Anyway & certainly this virus was created into labs , they planed to exterminate 1/3 of people 

Edited by bestmen