website statistics

Table Tennis ITTF Team World Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

1 hour ago, nitinsanker said:

I feel the odds are reverse slovenia -30 , India -70 , hoping for a 3-1 victory 

Slovenia narrowly beat Iran (Iran had lead in all 3 defeats) India will be huge favorite against them with Bojan Tokic not in a great shape and hopefully you qualify both teams for Tokyo (even though I know Romania will be favorite in the women's event)

but there is something interesting, if India qualifies a team, we will see someone from Sri Lanka at the Olympics ! :d

Edited by MHSN

28 minutes ago, Dolby said:

What an amazing performance by Manika Batra. :bounce:

I know, it won't be enough and Samara and Szocs will win the next two singles but still happy with the performance so far. Doubles team also played well before losing 2-3. 

Who is the best Indian player?

1 minute ago, zob79 said:

Who is the best Indian player?

Manika Batra by a margin.

We have lots of hope from 19 year old Archana Girish Kamath as well but she is still in early days of her senior career. Not sure why she was not fielded today. She won the decider against the Swedes after being 2-1 down. 

44 minutes ago, MHSN said:

but there is something interesting, if India qualifies a team, we will see someone from Sri Lanka at the Olympics ! :d

To be fair, Sri Lanka can be challenged by Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Pakistan. :p

Meanwhile, if Korea wins the women's repechage, then Mongolia will be getting a free, no strings attached Olympic quota...

#banbestmen

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

To be fair, Sri Lanka can be challenged by Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Pakistan. :p

Meanwhile, if Korea wins the women's repechage, then Mongolia will be getting a free, no strings attached Olympic quota...

oh wow that's even better, Mongolia :d it seems if Korea and Hong Kong qualify only Macau and Mongolia are left in East Asia and since Macau is not eligible. that's free quota for Mongolia :d unless ATTU has a rule about not giving free quotas to regions with less than 2 countries !!

I can't see anything on ATTU website about how they will determine those 6 Asian quotas but one of our guys attending ATTU meeting told the news that it will be 1 for each region + 1 quota for the best Asian players in the WR.

great effort by the Italian boys last night...

unfortunately they came up a bit short against Belgium and finally lost 3 matches to 2 (after leading 2-1 and with Stoyanov to the 5th set vs Allegro in the 4th match)...

an Italian success would have been a really huge surprise...

Edited by phelps

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

oh wow that's even better, Mongolia :d it seems if Korea and Hong Kong qualify only Macau and Mongolia are left in East Asia and since Macau is not eligible. that's free quota for Mongolia :d unless ATTU has a rule about not giving free quotas to regions with less than 2 countries !!

I can't see anything on ATTU website about how they will determine those 6 Asian quotas but one of our guys attending ATTU meeting told the news that it will be 1 for each region + 1 quota for the best Asian players in the WR.

Attu don't have any information about the event on their website.