website statistics

Table Tennis ITTF Team World Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

6 hours ago, Benolympique said:

Team favorites for tokyo (évent world team qualification Portugal? )thanks 

I'd say Hong Kong, Austria, Poland, Korea, Singapore, Portugal, Romania, Taipei - in women's competition

I'm not very familiar with men's table tennis, so I skip.

48 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

France just defeated Russia in the women's tournament (3-1). Is that quite a big upset ?  

At least two of the three wins came from (slight) favourites at the bookmakers, which suggests it's not a huge upset if it is one :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

25 minutes ago, ScottishJack said:

GB women not looking too good. 2 matches down against Spain. Is it correct there are 9 places available for Men and Women each?

Correct, which means every women's team that lost in the first round is eliminated from Olympic qualification. The losers of the round of 16 will have a "second chance" tournament with the winner grabbing the final spot.

56 minutes ago, anuj said:

South korea vs north korea in both men and women R16,Is that a coincidence??Can DPR pull of a upset

They’ll probably just go Unified Korea in Table Tennis now.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela