website statistics

Modern Pentathlon UIPM World Cup 2020

Totallympics

happy for all  of the medalist , marosi especialy, it s been forever since he s got on the top of the podium, the shooting seemed to let Kinderis down, but the speed  looked fine which i m happy with, and six place is a pretty great start to a season.

18 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Bronze for Ireland!

Graphics much better this time, but they have got to get the finishing line working, it’s crazy not to have it.

I don t mean to be offensive but do you not know who most of these athletes are ?

15 minutes ago, penthatlonfan said:

I don t mean to be offensive but do you not know who most of these athletes are ?

Well, I think I watch more pentathlon races than most people, but surely it is normal to have a graphic with names & time splits at the end of the race, especially when the camera cuts away from the finishing line?  Biathlon, triathlon, nordic combined & cross-country skiing & running all have it.

Edited by Grassmarket

8 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Well, I think I watch more pentathlon races than most people, but surely it is normal to have a graphic with names & time splits at the end of the race, especially when the camera cuts away from the finishing line?  Biathlon, triathlon, nordic combined & cross-country all have it.

This is not something that penthatlon has ever done, also the numbers that they are starting with are visible and using the uipm website you could  look at the leaderboard and know who the athlete is, i m not sure a graphic is really nescessary.   

Edited by penthatlonfan

17 minutes ago, penthatlonfan said:

This is not something that penthatlon has ever done, also the numbers that they are starting with are visible and using the uipm website you could  look at the leaderboard and know who the athlete is, i m not sure a graphic is really nescessary.   

OK, this is a problem then, because when you have a race the one thing the average TV viewer cares about is the result of the race. If all we cared about was artistic impression, we’d be watching ballet instead.

6 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

OK, this is a problem then, because when you have a race the one thing the average TV viewer cares about is the result of the race. If all we cared about was artistic impression, we’d be watching ballet instead.

I understand you but that s not something i m personally concerned about,the results are anounced, my problem is when the penthatlon comentators can t remember results from competitions not too long ago, there are way two many times i feel like facepalming at something said that is not true and most of the time they don t even realize.

How the hell did I not follow the topic?

1. There is always something strange with the stream from Cairo. Yes, the stream on Youtube was late on Friday, but the uipmtv.org was on time. Don't worry with that "premium content" - you don't need to pay anything during registration (yet, and I hope never ever).

2. There was a closer finish of women - fight for bronze at 2018 Europeans between Alekszejev and Kovács - both from the host city clubs, but from two different clubs :p (friendly clubs, not life-death enemies AFAIK). You can find it on youtube.

3. So happy with Marosi taking gold - I already thought his best days are gone. In fact I haven't seen him that happy for the competition since... quite a long time.

4. Yes, graphics for the final line or at least the camera keeping the eye on the finishing line instead of jumping from one tired athlete to another tired athlete would be a good idea.

On 29/02/2020 at 19:27, penthatlonfan said:

I understand you but that s not something i m personally concerned about,the results are anounced, my problem is when the penthatlon comentators can t remember results from competitions not too long ago, there are way two many times i feel like facepalming at something said that is not true and most of the time they don t even realize.

You're from Lithuania, try to get contact with Andrejus Zadneprovskis, who is the UIPM EB Member for Media and tell him that there is a guy in Poland who is commentating the competitions in Drzonków and he'll do better. You can also attach some recommendations from Totallympics Media editor-in-chief @Olympian1010 I'd be very grateful. :d

On 03/03/2020 at 01:00, Vojthas said:

How the hell did I not follow the topic?

You're from Lithuania, try to get contact with Andrejus Zadneprovskis, who is the UIPM EB Member for Media and tell him that there is a guy in Poland who is commentating the competitions in Drzonków and he'll do better. You can also attach some recommendations from Totallympics Media editor-in-chief @Olympian1010 I'd be very grateful. :d

Hope you are not going to take work away from the Egyptian lady who did the mixed relay, she was very funny.

45 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Hope you are not going to take work away from the Egyptian lady who did the mixed relay, she was very funny.

she's Mariam amer an Egyptian pentathlete and she's really cute , i think she only takes places in WCs in Egypt only :d