website statistics

Karate WKF Premier League 2020

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, MHSN said:

actually the doctor claims she will be ready in less than 2 or 3 months, he claims they used a "new method"  from Switzerland ! :dunno:

he is supposed to be a very good doctor, I hope he knows what he is talking about !

A lot of athletes suffered from ACL, some of them just fade out or retired because of it. Most Chinese athletes will do surgery in USA with expectation 6-9 months for recovery.If it really works in 2-3 months, it will be a new magic. Looking forward to your update.

8 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

A lot of athletes suffered from ACL, some of them just fade out or retired because of it. Most Chinese athletes will do surgery in USA with expectation 6-9 months for recovery.If it really works in 2-3 months, it will be a new magic. Looking forward to your update.

honestly I'm no doctor, maybe all ACL injuries are not the same ?! :dunno:

this is our doctor, right after the surgery , I wrote the summary of what he says here already. at the end he says "we are very hopefully, personally I'm 100% sure we will see her in Tokyo"

t

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

honestly I'm no doctor, maybe all ACL injuries are not the same ?! :dunno:

this is our doctor, right after the surgery , I wrote the summary of what he says here already. at the end he says "we are very hopefully, personally I'm 100% sure we will see her in Tokyo"

t

Maybe ACL with different severity, I am not sure either. Let's see her recovery in Tokyo. She might meet Gong Li if they both qualify.

BTW still no official announcement of the cancelation of Rabat stage with one week left. Is it going to be held as usual?

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

Maybe ACL with different severity, I am not sure either. Let's see her recovery in Tokyo. She might meet Gong Li if they both qualify.

BTW still no official announcement of the cancelation of Rabat stage with one week left. Is it going to be held as usual?

right now it seems there is no plan to cancel it. since the Iranian team can't come back home they are hanging around in Germany waiting for an update. (I guess team China is doing the same somewhere else)

3 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

considering that they just cancelled this week's Judo Grand Prix in Rabat, I don't see how they can think to save the Karate K1PL stage...:mumble:

by the way, all ACL injuries have different degree of severity...

it mainly depends on how much the ligament is damaged, if it's only torn (and how much?) or partially broken or completely broken, hanging inside the knee...

in the first case, a relatively quick recovery is possible...if the ligament is completely destroyed and needs to be replaced with an artificial one, probably it's a success if she gets walking normally again...

if you need an example, you can look at Sara Cardin...she had ACL before the 2018 worlds and she got back in an international competition in last year's Serie A tournament in Istanbul (way more than 6 months after the knee operation)...

and she's not yet the athlete she used to be, despite her success in this year's stages in Santiago (2nd) and Salzburg (winner)...

K1 event in Rabat is officially cancelled

https://www.wkf.net/news-center-new/karate-1-premier-league-rabat-cancelled-due-to-coronavirus/1237

Due to this unexpected circumstance, the World Karate Federation in coordination with the International Olympic Committee is working through its Olympic Planning Commission and the Executive Committee to find adequate solutions for any eventual adjustments on the Olympic Qualification System.

Edited by MHSN