website statistics

Karate WKF Premier League 2020

Totallympics

47 minut temu, rybak napisał:

:POL Dorota Banaszczyk was competing in this event?

Dorota probably just returned from the grouping in Spain and should already appear in the next competition. But I don't know it 100%, because I haven't found a confirmation anywhere. It is a pity that her chance to go to Tokyo would be lost.

1 minute ago, TomJa said:

Dorota probably just returned from the grouping in Spain and should already appear in the next competition. But I don't know it 100%, because I haven't found a confirmation anywhere. It is a pity that her chance to go to Tokyo would be lost.

she doesn't have any chance to qualify through OQR in any case...

she has to rely on the final OQT next May in paris...

3 minuty temu, phelps napisał:

she doesn't have any chance to qualify through OQR in any case...

she has to rely on the final OQT next May in paris...

You have another example of how talents are respected in Polish sport and can be crushed. If it were up to me, I wouldn't let such a situation prevent the world champion from going to the most important event.

• 3 weeks later...

Karate stars ready to fight for glory and Olympic dream at Karate 1-Premier League Dubai

The second stop of the 2020 Karate 1-Premier League takes place this weekend in Dubai (UAE).

Scheduled from February 14 to 16, the event will gather top karatekas in the quest to earn the qualification to the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.

As one of the last events in the Olympic qualification process, the Karate 1-Premier League Dubai is expected to be crucial in the race to determine the athletes who will participate in Karate’s Olympic debut in Tokyo.

Nearly 600 competitors from no less than 85 countries have confirmed their participation at the big event.

All but two of the current World champions and ten out of the 12 defending Grand Winners are registered to participate in Dubai.

The top four-ranked athletes in the Olympic standings will qualify directly to the Games when the qualification process by ranking is due on April 6.

The quest to take the qualifying positions is too close to call in most of the categories, thus making the points to be awarded in Dubai critical to the final list of Olympic athletes.

In Male Kumite -67kg, athletes Vinicius Figueira 0f Brazil and Ali Elsawy of Egypt are tied with the same number of points (5872.5) in the last qualifying spot, while Eray Samdan of Turkey and Angelo Crescenzo of Italy are separated by only 202.5 points in third and fourth place respectively for the second qualifying spot for karatekas coming from Male Kumite -60kg.

Meanwhile, in Male Kumite -75kg, Stanislav Horuna of Ukraine is just 360 points away from the last qualifying spot currently in USA’s Thomas Scott’s hands.

In Female Kumite -55kg, Iran’s Sara Bahmanyar has 660 points advantage over Jana Messerschmidt of Germany in the last qualifying spot, while the difference between Jovana Prekovic of Serbia in fourth place and France’s Gwendoline Philippe in fifth position in Female Kumite -61kg is only of 502.5 points.

The quest is even more thrilling in Female Kumite +68kg with seven athletes separated by less than 1000 points fighting for the last qualifying spots.

The Karate 1-Premier League Dubai starts on Friday, 09:00 (local time).

The elimination rounds will be held on Friday and Saturday, with the medal bouts taking place on Sunday.

The finals are scheduled from 14:30 to 17:00 (local times).

You can follow the event on the Karate 1-Premier League Dubai micro-site on WKF.net.

CLICK HERE to go to all the info on the event including competition programme, entries and where to watch the competition LIVE.

it was a big day for Crescenzo of Italy, he made it to the final and his direct rival lost in the first round. he will take Samdan's position in the next ranking and will have a good lead over him with only 2+1 events left.

also even a bigger day for Figueira of Brazil, he is in the final and El-Sawy (EGY) lost in the first round to our Mehdizadeh, and since it was Figueria's lucky day, Mehidzadeh got injured in the next match :cry: and therefore eliminated the Egyptian and also made it much easier for Figueia to go into the final. (I just hope that's nothing serious, we need him for the Paris qualifier)

also at 75kg, Stanislav Horuna had a good chance to catch up with the American Thomas but lost in the repechage, still he will receive something like 300pts from here and will be very close to the 4th place in the next ranking. interestingly we will see another Busa/Aghayev in the final, like old days :d I think Busa already guaranteed his Olympic quota with this.

no big change in women's kata, women's 50kg and 55kg. even though it could be a disastrous day for our Bahmanyar as she lost early to Spain but luckily for her the Spanish girl made it to the final and Bahmanyar will fight for bronze on Sunday. if she wins she will have something like 1000pts advantage over the rest. which is good (but not safe) with only 2 events left.

Karate1 Premier League, Stage #2 (Dubai, UAE)

Day #1 action recap...

women's Individual Kata
Gold Medal match: :ESP Sandra Sanchez Jaime vs :USA Sakura Kokumai
Bronze Medal match #1: :TPE Chien Hui-Hsuan vs :TUR Dilara Eltemur
Bronze Medal match #2: :IRI Mahsa Afsaneh vs :HKG Grace Lau Mo Sheung

men's Team Kata
Gold Medal match: :ESP Spain vs :KUW Kuwait
Bronze Medal match #1: :EGY Egypt vs :IRQ Iraq
Bronze Medal match #2: :RUS Russia vs :UAE United Arab Emirates

women's Individual Kumite, -50kg
Gold Medal match: :TUR Serap Ozcelik Arapoglu vs :ESP Nadia Gomez Morales
Bronze Medal match #1: :MAR Aicha Sayah vs :IRI Sara Bahmanyar
Bronze Medal match #2: :AUT Bettina Plank vs :CHN Li Ranran

women's Individual Kumite, -55kg
Gold Medal match: :UKR Anzhelika Terliuga vs :EGY Yassmin Attia
Bronze Medal match #1: :GER Jana Messerschmidt vs :TPE Wen Tzu-Yun
Bronze Medal match #2: :TUR Tuba Yakan vs :POL Dorota Banaszczyk

men's Individual Kumite, -60kg
Gold Medal match: :KAZ Darkhan Assadilov vs :ITA Angelo Crescenzo
Bronze Medal match #1: :ALB Orges Arifi vs :RUS Evgeny Plakhutin
Bronze Medal match #2: :GRE Christos-Stefanos Xenos vs :MNE Nenad Dulovic

men's Individual Kumite, -67kg
Gold Medal match: :FRA Steven Dacosta vs :BRA Vinicius Figueira
Bronze Medal match #1: :THA Supa Ngamphuengphit vs :FRA Marvin Garin
Bronze Medal match #2: :TUR Burak Uygur vs :AZE Rafiz Hasanov

men's Individual Kumite, -75kg
Gold Medal match: :ITA Luigi Busà vs :AZE Rafael Aghayev
Bronze Medal match #1: :IRI Bahman Askari vs :TUR Erman Eltemur
Bronze Medal match #2: :KAZ Yermek Ainazarov vs :EGY Abdalla Abdelaziz

very good results for Egyptian athletes here and it could have been much better if Giana retained her lead until last 4s or Taha could have added another point in his match against Jonathan Horne and the most impressive result is Shaymaa going to the final WOW , she's still able to compete at the biggest level despite of pregnancy , she put her child just few weeks ago i seriously didn't believe that she'll be back again this soon

taking a look at today results, we may have some major changes in the Olympic rankings. no change in the most predictable event men's Kata though.

Iran brought two in the final and 2 for bronze but it was really a bad day for Olympic qualifications,

It was a terrible day for Sajjad Ganjzadeh, he lost in the 2nd round (while leading until the very last second), both :GER Horne and :GEO Arkania made it to the final but that's not the worst news for him because he still has more than 1000pts lead but that was at 84kg, Zabih Poursheib made it to the final and now he will lead Ganjzadeh by a good margin. Iran NT coach made it clear that he is not going to interfere in Ganjzadeh-Poursheib competition, whoever wins more points will go to the Olympics and right now that will be Pousheib :cry: Poursheib is such a great guy and probably most respected among Iranian Karatekas but Ganjzadeh is my favorite and I think he will do better in Tokyo. it's hard to say but I think I'm going to cheer for whoever faces Zabih in next two events. (and also the tomorrow final) this is also a very bad news for :CRO Ivan Kvesic. if Poursheib qualifies directly, he will lose his quota to Arkania. he can't do anything about it himself. Aktas and Poursheib are out of his reach.

at women's 61kg, top 4 won't be changed after this event but our Rozi Alipour will make herself closer to :SRB Prekovic and :TUR Coban . even if Alipour can't make it to top 4, still every single points matter since she has a chance for the Asian quota. and surprisingly our reserve girl Alisaadi made it to the final ! :yikes:

at women's 68kg, now we have two other candidates, :EGY Feryal and :CHN Li, they are collecting points too fast to catch up with both :SUI Quirici and :ITA Semeraro. even without that she will be #1 candidate to take the African spot, even though I'm sure she wants to qualify directly to open the door for another Egyptian girl at 55kg. Semeraro was the biggest loser of the day in this weight.

but superheavy weight was a total disaster for :IRI Abbasali :cry: if she could beat that Kazakh girl it was almost a done deal for her. but now things don't look good for her. :TUR Hocaoglu made it to the final and :KAZ Berultseva and :GRE Chatziliadou will fight for bronze. Abbasali will still be #1 in this weight in the new ranking but they will shorten the gap. beside that I believe :TUR Hocaoglu has more chance than anybody else, she won almost nothing at the 2019 European Champs, she will only gain points in the next European Championships.

33 minutes ago, MHSN said:

taking a look at today results, we may have some major changes in the Olympic rankings. no change in the most predictable event men's Kata though.

Iran brought two in the final and 2 for bronze but it was really a bad day for Olympic qualifications,

It was a terrible day for Sajjad Ganjzadeh, he lost in the 2nd round (while leading until the very last second), both :GER Horne and :GEO Arkania made it to the final but that's not the worst news for him because he still has more than 1000pts lead but that was at 84kg, Zabih Poursheib made it to the final and now he will lead Ganjzadeh by a good margin. Iran NT coach made it clear that he is not going to interfere in Ganjzadeh-Poursheib competition, whoever wins more points will go to the Olympics and right now that will be Pousheib :cry: Poursheib is such a great guy and probably most respected among Iranian Karatekas but Ganjzadeh is my favorite and I think he will do better in Tokyo. it's hard to say but I think I'm going to cheer for whoever faces Zabih in next two events. (and also the tomorrow final) this is also a very bad news for :CRO Ivan Kvesic. if Poursheib qualifies directly, he will lose his quota to Arkania. he can't do anything about it himself. Aktas and Poursheib are out of his reach.

at women's 61kg, top 4 won't be changed after this event but our Rozi Alipour will make herself closer to :SRB Prekovic and :TUR Coban . even if Alipour can't make it to top 4, still every single points matter since she has a chance for the Asian quota. and surprisingly our reserve girl Alisaadi made it to the final ! :yikes:

at women's 68kg, now we have two other candidates, :EGY Feryal and :CHN Li, they are collecting points too fast to catch up with both :SUI Quirici and :ITA Semeraro. even without that she will be #1 candidate to take the African spot, even though I'm sure she wants to qualify directly to open the door for another Egyptian girl at 55kg. Semeraro was the biggest loser of the day in this weight.

but superheavy weight was a total disaster for :IRI Abbasali :cry: if she could beat that Kazakh girl it was almost a done deal for her. but now things don't look good for her. :TUR Hocaoglu made it to the final and :KAZ Berultseva and :GRE Chatziliadou will fight for bronze. Abbasali will still be #1 in this weight in the new ranking but they will shorten the gap. beside that I believe :TUR Hocaoglu has more chance than anybody else, she won almost nothing at the 2019 European Champs, she will only gain points in the next European Championships.

For Feryal she wants to qualify directly to avoid competition with Shaymaa abouelyazid at 1st because the last might qualify from world qualifications ?