website statistics

Women's Volleyball CEV European Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2020

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Yeah volleyball always has that fake athmosphere in my experience. It's all rehearsed cheers and those loud paper clappers.

And those dumb musical intermezzos, ugh. "My block, my block!"

With specific hand movements that are supposed to be done with specific actions on the field. Paper clappers at least are better than those insanely annoying plastic blow-up things that explode rather loudly when people think it's fun to step on them, but yeah.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

31 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And those dumb musical intermezzos, ugh. "My block, my block!"

With specific hand movements that are supposed to be done with specific actions on the field. Paper clappers at least are better than those insanely annoying plastic blow-up things that explode rather loudly when people think it's fun to step on them, but yeah.

I think that it is "monster block" :p

1 hour ago, Jinzha said:

I am an expert in fake cheers, because my gf is a volleyball player and fan. 'My block, my block' is for indoor volleyball, 'Monster block' is for beach volleyball. Don't you dare such spontaneous mixups @Gianlu33!

In Italian championship they always use monster block :p I usually watch Superlega, so i'm sure about that :lol:

4 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Ahh just a difference in Dutch and Italian cheering policy then, no worries! ;)

Anyway, I'm about to leave home, I'll wave for you all on tv:cheer:

But only when they play the 'Wave' soundbite where one has to move their hands as a sort of wave.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Here comes the boom, here comes the boom...here comes the boom boom boom!

tenor.gif

Well, congratulations Germany.