website statistics

Judo IJF World Tour 2020

Totallympics

and finally the Judo World Tour is back...:cheer:

the first big tournament after the covid-19 break is the Grand Slam in Budapest, HUN

and this is the list of Day #1 Champions

Men's -60kg: :RUS Yago Abuladze

Men's -66kg: :RUS Abdula Abdulzhalilov

Women's -48kg: :KOS Distria Krasniqi

Women's -52kg: :FRA Amandine Buchard

Women's -57kg: :CAN Jessica Klimkait

not surprisingly Russia had a lot of success, as they really never stopped their home activity during this off period of the international action...

the second highlight of this day #1 is :UKR Daria Bilodid fighting in the -52kg class instead of her usual -48kg...unfortunately for her, she couldn't go beyond the bronze medal after losing against :ROU Andreea Chitu in the pool final...

1 hour ago, phelps said:

the second highlight of this day #1 is :UKR Daria Bilodid fighting in the -52kg class instead of her usual -48kg...unfortunately for her, she couldn't go beyond the bronze medal after losing against :ROU Andreea Chitu in the pool final...

Why did she participated at -52kg?

5 hours ago, Laraja said:

Why did she participated at -52kg?

She's huge (for the weight) and probably has a lot of problems to stay under 48. I already said in a post 2 years ago that she would have problems with the weight post-adolescense. 

I don't know if it's already definitive switch or not (I don't think she would throw all the 48kg ranking points out of the window with Tokyo next year), but I'm 100% sure that she will have to go up to 52kg in the future.  

Krasniqi probably will have to do the same when Kelmendi retires as she's big too (I read an article about how she always has to lose 3kg before a competition and how awful it is for her).

6 hours ago, LDOG said:

She's huge (for the weight) and probably has a lot of problems to stay under 48. I already said in a post 2 years ago that she would have problems with the weight post-adolescense. 

I don't know if it's already definitive switch or not (I don't think she would throw all the 48kg ranking points out of the window with Tokyo next year), but I'm 100% sure that she will have to go up to 52kg in the future.  

Krasniqi probably will have to do the same when Kelmendi retires as she's big too (I read an article about how she always has to lose 3kg before a competition and how awful it is for her).

yeah, you're right...

however, I'm pretty sure she's going to be in the 48kg class in Tokyo next year (if the Games are held, which at the moment is a big if, considered the develpoment of the covid situation all around the world)...

she's not ready to win in the -52kg yet, but it's clear that she's gonna need to move up at least a class, maybe after Paris 2024 even make another step towards the -57kg...:mumble:

Krasniqi was aready a -52kg competitor...she decided to go down in this 4-year span because she felt that she wouldn't stand a chance against Kelmendi and because Kosovo already have Gjakova in the -57kg class (going up a weight class was also an option, but in that case she would be quite small within the class other than the internal competition just named)...

in any case, after Tokyo there will be quite a good number of weight class changes, as usual...;)