website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Nations League 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

10 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Spain defeated Germany 6-0 today ! the largest defeat for Germany since a very while ago no't sure if this humilating night would be enough to fire this LOW 

I don’t think this will do anything. After all he had the audacity to not retire after 2018 and the higher-ups haven’t voiced any doubts during all this time. On paper Germany still has the second or third best team in Europe, but it is hard to do anything when you have your worst enemy as coach.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

21 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Spain defeated Germany 6-0 today ! the largest defeat for Germany since a very while ago no't sure if this humilating night would be enough to fire this LOW 

It feels like Loew has over-extended his stay as NT coach. I know Germany has a history of refusing to change their HC but it looks like Loew has reached the high-water mark. Defense looks suspect in particular, no offense to Robin Koch but a guy from overperforming Freiburg isn't the usual standard for the German NT (yeah, I know he's in Leeds now but he made his name in Freiburg). Other than Erich Ribbeck who was a totally unpopular choice I can't remember any German team doing this badly overall (the 0-6 score itself not withstanding).

Btw, Poland leads Netherlands 1-0! That's a shock given how we didn't even have a shot on goal vs Italy four days ago!

26 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It feels like Loew has over-extended his stay as NT coach. I know Germany has a history of refusing to change their HC but it looks like Loew has reached the high-water mark. Defense looks suspect in particular, no offense to Robin Koch but a guy from overperforming Freiburg isn't the usual standard for the German NT (yeah, I know he's in Leeds now but he made his name in Freiburg). Other than Erich Ribbeck who was a totally unpopular choice I can't remember any German team doing this badly overall (the 0-6 score itself not withstanding).

Btw, Poland leads Netherlands 1-0! That's a shock given how we didn't even have a shot on goal vs Italy four days ago!

Just because Koch "made his name" in Freiburg, doesn't mean that he can't be an elite defender. Söyüncü also "made his name" in Freiburg and was one of the best defenders in the Premier League last season. Ginter also "made his name" in Freiburg and has been pretty good at Gladbach (a team that currently is first in a Champions League group with Inter Milan and Real Madrid). Obviously Koch shouldn't be anywhere near the national team (considering that he is the 6th best german central defender at best), but i wouldn't hold the fact that he plays for Leeds against him.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

25 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Congrats :CZE:hug: Enjoy the very deserved top Division !

Hello C Division, New buddies are coming to the party :d

Gibraltar going to be there which is just to say that the system is really weird

Netherlands came back to win 2-1.

Lewandowski was substitued at half-time and now we have a shit storm he doesn't give his all for NT since he wants coach Brzeczek fired. True, Brzeczek is an awful coach who deserves to be fired or else we're getting rolled by Spain at Euro 2021. Plus we NEVER do well against Scandinavians so Sweden probably beats us too :p