website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Champions League 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

18 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

This is a really fishy situation. Slovakia, one of the least affected and prepared Covid country, to mess up twice? It doesn't add up. I don't know when were the tests taken, but if they were all negative in Slovakia, i'm inclined to think the Faroes are doing some shenanigans to get the forfeit victory. This would be a bad precedent that is happening, because many clubs european season could be ruined, because of stupid ruling.     

Yeah...I don’t think that’s what’s happening here. That seems highly unlikely. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

34 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

This is a really fishy situation. Slovakia, one of the least affected and prepared Covid country, to mess up twice? It doesn't add up. I don't know when were the tests taken, but if they were all negative in Slovakia, i'm inclined to think the Faroes are doing some shenanigans to get the forfeit victory. This would be a bad precedent that is happening, because many clubs european season could be ruined, because of stupid ruling.     

There’s different tests & they don’t 100% overlap.  Think that’s a bit more likely than a corrupt pro-Faroese conspiracy at the heart of UEFA, Inspector. :mumble:

25 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

There’s different tests & they don’t 100% overlap.  Think that’s a bit more likely than a corrupt pro-Faroese conspiracy at the heart of UEFA, Inspector. :mumble:

Even so, it is still BS, that all the negative players are not allowed to play the match, even after a few days have passed...

The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body final decision will be announced Monday morning :lol:

Slovan send a a three-page complaint ! in which they summarized the allegeds mistakes of the home team :p

Slovan Bratislava GM statement:

"I am full of negative emotions. It is incomprehensible to me what can happen at such level and in such time. I feel helpless and what they have done to us in the Faroe Islands is a scandal. It should be decided on the field, it should be fair play and this did not happen. On the other hand, several mistakes were made and the processes were applied pointlessly.

They applied two different decisions on one group, they put the players and the staff team in a 14-day quarantine but the others don't have to. They proceeded purposefully. Paradoxically, only those who could intervene in the match were in quarantine, and thus they were prevented from entering the match. I see it as discrimination and our harm.

We did not receive a permit to attend the match yesterday, otherwise the police could arrest us for violating the quarantine laws.

From the morning we waited for the retest of Marek Rigo, who tested positive in the second group. We should have gotten the result at 11.30, but we got it at 14.30. We didn't know if we can play or not. We made every possible effort to play the match, we send a request that, based on the real facts, the players who did not come into contact with the infected person may be released from quarantine. But they refused it. We met all the standards and we took extreme care to do everything within the rules of UEFA return to play code. But it happened again and based on that we were excluded from the competition.

If it is really true that the match will be forfaited in favor of the host, we will certainly appeal and fight. I wonder how UEFA will react to this. Because we had already formally protested on Friday morning, before the meeting with the delegate about the steps taken by the Faroese authorities. I'm disappointed, disgusted and I don't know how to proceed, it's unseen.

I also do not want to question the tests they have carried out in the Faroe Islands. I just wanted that all those who were negative, will be able to play. In the end, we had more than 30 negative players there, they all had negative tests both in Slovakia and in the Faroe Islands. We could not leave the hotel just because of the local administrative worker who assigned us the quarantine. He somehow decided and determined who must and who does not have to go to quarantine."

14 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Paolo Di Canio and Lazio would be happy to hear that :p

Paulo-Di-Canio-e1583710463713-1280x720.j

Slovan represents stiff competition for them, as I seem to remember Slovan unveiling a “White Lives Matter” banner earlier this year.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Slovan represents stiff competition for them, as I seem to remember Slovan unveiling a “White Lives Matter” banner earlier this year.

Yeah, well, Slovakia is a predominantly white population like all Slavic countries after all. I would have thought Nazi/facist salutes are worst than everything Slovan does but guess not :p 

29 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, well, Slovakia is a predominantly white population like all Slavic countries after all. I would have thought Nazi/facist salutes are worst than everything Slovan does but guess not :p 

Nazi salutes are worse, but I’m not all that familiar with the incident you shared. Obviously, I’ve seen the video, but I don’t know a lot of the context around it. Slovan seems to have a pattern a Neo-Nazi ultras, so that’s why I said they’d be competition.