website statistics

Badminton 2016 Discussion Thread

Prashanth

1 hour ago, Bearas said:

So let's ban every single athlete with parking ticket and etc. then.... 

I think there is a bit of a difference in gradation between a parking ticket and this kind of behaviour. 

The main thing is: if he was smart, he would have competed at the Olympics, no problem. Come on, let's not pretend the federations are to blame for this instead of the athlete..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Benolympique said:

And Double Mixed ?

but between 1 and 5 May, the ranking will not change !!

No, unfortunately they won't... The mixed doubles need more than 9000 points to grab a slot. Winning the European Championships only gives 7000 points.

About the ranking, 1 May is the last tournament result to be counted, 5 May is the publish date (there are some websites that provides ranking prediction if you're really desperate to know). BWF always publish rankings on Thursdays.

Edited by Griff88

So, the European Championships start today and i hear they are the final qualification for europeans for Rio? A final chance to score good points for the rankings i suppose? Does someone know how important is the championship for the quotas?

On 4/24/2016 at 4:28 PM, Griff88 said:

(there are some websites that provides ranking prediction if you're really desperate to know). 

Yes please :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So, the European Championships start today and i hear they are the final qualification for europeans for Rio? A final chance to score good points for the rankings i suppose? Does someone know how important is the championship for the quotas?

It is rewarding Grand Prix Gold level points (7000 for winner, 5950 for runner-up, and so on. You may check the details here)

The tournament is also the last opportunity to score more ranking points and to seal the place in Rio. Especially for singles player in 30 something place, which may help to hop over their compatriots or other players.

Btw, Bulgaria is almost confirmed its quota though: Linda Zetchiri and Stoeva Sisters