website statistics

Athletes Retirements Thread

phelps

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Maren Skjøld won Olympic bronze :yikes:

Mind = blown 

Dude, your memory must be like a memory of a fish :p How you can not remember medalists from the last Olympics ??? It happened basically only a couple of months ago, seriously I can easily name you all medalists without too much problems

well, it also helps that I rewatched all events last year :d

41 minut temu, hckosice napisał:

Dude, your memory must be like a memory of a fish :p How you can not remember medalists from the last Olympics ??? It happened basically only a couple of months ago, seriously I can easily name you all medalists without too much problems

All You Need to Disney: Wszystko o filmie- "Gdzie jest Dory?"

59 minutes ago, hckosice said:

If you rewatched everything a few months ago it might feel like it happened a few months ago, for me it feels like it happened 100 World Cups ago :p

And it was the team event, I'm 100% sure I watched it but also pretty sure I didn't feel very involved in looking at all individual athletes in the teams :d

Man I'd be surprised if I can name 5 gold medal winners in the correct events :lol: Definitely not because of a lack of interest or something, if it was I wouldn't have shifted my entire life to Korean time for two weeks, it's just a matter of watching way too many events and races every winter so it all gets a little confusing what happened where :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...

:CAN Christilot Boylen retires at 73. Six times Olympian ('64, '68, '72, '76, '84, '92). Rather unfortunate for her that the only (non-boycotted) Olympics she missed in that period were the ones where Canada took a medal in team dressage.

While not anymore on the championship teams, she still competed internationally in recent years. Her last competition was right before the lockdown, in mid-March. She was born in Jakarta (then Djakarta).

Hiroshi Hoketsu is now (presumably) the only active athlete who is attempting to compete at both Tokyo 1964 and Tokyo 2020...

#banbestmen