website statistics

Athletes Retirements Thread

phelps

Meh, that's not a good post at all. I like both Solemdal (from when she emerged internationally) and Zhang :( 

Just reading a bit, apparently Derek Drouin won the world title in 2015. Huh, look at that.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

4 times Olympian :SUI Toni Livers (cross country) announced his retirement.

I had no idea he is a 4 time Olympian :yikes: Feels like one of those many athletes who are there but never stand out :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:BEL swimmer Pieter Timmers has announced that he will retire at the end of 2020 and not pursue the 2021 tokyo games. He won a silver medal in the men’s 100m freestyle at the 2016 rio Olympics.

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Alexia Runggaldier, world medallist in 2017, announced her retirement :cry:

I don't know if the Italian team are suffering from financial issues, though it would be hard to believe seeing their recent successes.

But I was always angry that the teams had additional quotas to use and chose not to give their other athletes any chances.

They didn't bring back Oberhofer and she retired, they didn't give a World Cup chance to Runggaldier and now she retired too.

Next target is possibly Gontier, since the Italian team chose to run Sanfilippo + Carrara without using up their extra spots on the women's side. 

29 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I don't know if the Italian team are suffering from financial issues, though it would be hard to believe seeing their recent successes.

But I was always angry that the teams had additional quotas to use and chose not to give their other athletes any chances.

They didn't bring back Oberhofer and she retired, they didn't give a World Cup chance to Runggaldier and now she retired too.

Next target is possibly Gontier, since the Italian team chose to run Sanfilippo + Carrara without using up their extra spots on the women's side. 

She was out from the NT for a technical choices. Btw, Italy have some young biathlete that can do something of interesting in the next year's

4 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

She was out from the NT for a technical choices. Btw, Italy have some young biathlete that can do something of interesting in the next year's

Irene Lardschneider for example, who lost balance and crashed straight into a certain Brazilian earlier this season :whistle: 

Spoiler

Later, in Martell, said Brazilian took revenge in her for now last biathlon race and passed Lardschneider on the final uphill before the finish :cool: 

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Irene Lardschneider for example, who lost balance and crashed straight into a certain Brazilian earlier this season :whistle: 

Hide contents

Later, in Martell, said Brazilian took revenge in her for now last biathlon race and passed Lardschneider on the final uphill before the finish :cool: 

Having a rifle on your back passing somebody on the final uphill is quite a mercy kind of revenge :p