website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI World Tour 2020

Totallympics

1 minutę temu, Monzanator napisał:

DQ would be mandatory but the real problem is the Katowice finish is notoriously too narrow for a sprint like that. Nothing can be done though. I live literally 15 kms away from downtown Katowice and it's impossible to find anything wider there.

It's not only too narrow, it's also too dowhnill.

There is too much speed in such a narrow road.

I don't remember any stages in TDF or Giro who would have such a downhill straight sprint finish.

Too dangerous,

7 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

It's not only too narrow, it's also too dowhnill.

There is too much speed in such a narrow road.

I don't remember any stages in TDF or Giro who would have such a downhill straight sprint finish.

Too dangerous,

The finish is bang in Katowice downtown right by the Spodek Arena and the Zietek Rondo. It's a man-made area with the underground tunnel beneath the Korfanty Alley & the Rondo itself. The ground peak is an alley exiting Siemianowice ca. 7 kms before, once you turn into Korfanty Alley by the old tram loop it's all downhill right into the Rondo.

1 minutę temu, Monzanator napisał:

The finish is bang in Katowice downtown right by the Spodek Arena and the Zietek Rondo. It's a man-made area with the underground tunnel beneath the Korfanty Alley & the Rondo itself. The ground peak is an alley exiting Siemianowice ca. 7 kms before, once you turn into Korfanty Alley by the old tram loop it's all downhill right into the Rondo.

Yes, I know. Too downhill. Too dangerous from Pętla Słoneczna to the finish.

5 minut temu, rafalgorka napisał:

The rumours here in PL are somebody died in this accicent. A rider or a man standing behind the barriers. I hope these rumours are false.

It seems to be true, sadly, I see those barriers in TV....