website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI World Tour 2020

Totallympics

Rest day for the TdF, so the Tirreno-Adriatico gets some love.  Final day is an ITT, with anything possible with six within a minute.  TT is flat & beach-side.  Britain’s Simon Yates in the lead.

https://www.tirrenoadriatico.it/en/classifiche/

53 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Rest day for the TdF, so the Tirreno-Adriatico gets some love.  Final day is an ITT, with anything possible with six within a minute.  TT is flat & beach-side.  Britain’s Simon Yates in the lead.

https://www.tirrenoadriatico.it/en/classifiche/

And none of them being fantastic time trialists (assuming Thomas isn't nearly what he was for a few weeks once), that's gonna be interesting indeed. Impressive stage wins by Ackermann, Yates and Van der Poel so far, especially Ackermann somehow finding a way within 10 centimeters in stage one was impressive (and a reason why sprints are dangerous, but fine :p )

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Big performance from Thomas, 4th overall on the day & best of the Top 3

Majka loses 2nd to Thomas....

Yates home comfortably for the overall Blue Jersey!  

Filippo Ganna :ITA of Ineos, long-term TT leader, takes the day by 18secs over Campenaerts.

So Ineos having a bad Tour, but looking decent for the Giro.

• 2 weeks later...

This is gonna be mayhem. I truly wonder what whoever designed this smoked :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

This is gonna be mayhem. I truly wonder what whoever designed this smoked :d 

Ah cool! I’ve always wanted a downhill time trial. I might have to actually watch the Giro now.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

40 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Young British talent Tom Pidcock & Aussie old lag Richie Porte join Ineos.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/54292652

Wow, I had not expected Porte to go back there. He's finally given up 100% now on winning a GT and is satisfied with having reached the podium in the TdF this year?

And too bad to see such a talent like Pidcock go there, but yeah that was to be expected. Laurens de Plus was signed as well and, apart from Pidcock probably their biggest hit, Dani Martinez. Again a shame, I'd have liked Martinez to get chances to develop into a nice attacking rider instead.