website statistics

Men's Handball IHF World Championship 2021

vlad

Croatia led 18-13 at the half but lost 29-30. It was their first game of the championships.

Btw, Croatia was down 8-10 to Saudi Arabia at half-time in the second game as well :p I can only speculate they totally wanted to sneak thru the two weakest teams in their first two games with minimal effort.

Wow I just saw the biggest stupidity ever, Slovenia was leading by 4 and they tried to play with an extra man in attack (why? You're leading by 4 on the 2nd half, just make long boring possessions). They lost the ball 3 consecutive times and Egypt scored 3 goals to an empty net :facepalm:by the first goal you should have stopped playing like that. 

Congrats to Egypt :yes they are my favorite team for the single reason of having this event in middle of a pandemic ! (even though I always like non-Eruopean teams to achieve something in Handball)

even though they were upset at the end for losing 2 goals lead in the last minute. but they will regret it only if Sweden and Russia end up in a draw (unlikely)

I know nobody wants to play Denmark but even winning this match most probably wouldn't help Egypt topping the group.

Egypt was down by 5 goals at some point in the second half but a series of stupid mistake by the Slovenians helped Egypt to come back.

so unless Russia makes a miracle it will be Egypt - Denmark in the QF. I was hoping for EGY/ARG QF to have at least one non-European team in the semies. (for the 3rd time ever)

now it's kind of mission impossible for Egypt (yeah I know even the great Denmark can have a bad day)

if Argentina (or Qatar) qualifies they will have a better chance against Sweden. (I mean comparing to Egypt's chance vs DEN)