website statistics

Men's Handball IHF World Championship 2021

vlad

45 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I find it a bit surprising how few actual surprises are happening at this WCh so far all things considered. I mean, sure, there are a couple of upsets as always, but Germany is the only top European team that kinda fucked up their championship, and even they still have a chance if Poland helps them today by not letting us qualify. And while Group IV is messy, Sweden and Slovenia (as the stronger teams on paper) can still qualify by beating Russia and Egypt. I expected more chaos because of COVID. 

If everything goes as expected, these will be the QFs:

:ESP  v  :NOR 

:DEN  v  :SLO 

:FRA  v  :HUN 

:SWE  v  :CRO 

But hopefully there will be some surprises (just not on our match today :d)

I consider Egypt favorite against Slovenia and so do betting sites.

3 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I consider Egypt favorite against Slovenia and so do betting sites.

Well, if Egypt ever beats Slovenia on such an important match, it's going to happen in Egypt, so it can happen. I am not sure if Slovenia is much weaker than they were one year ago when they were in the Top4 at the ECh, but I would never underestimate them. They almost always end up in the Top8 when they qualify for an event. 

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

I find it a bit surprising how few actual surprises are happening at this WCh so far all things considered. I mean, sure, there are a couple of upsets as always, but Germany is the only top European team that kinda fucked up their championship, and even they still have a chance if Poland helps them today by not letting us qualify. And while Group IV is messy, Sweden and Slovenia (as the stronger teams on paper) can still qualify by beating Russia and Egypt. I expected more chaos because of COVID. 

If everything goes as expected, these will be the QFs:

:ESP  v  :NOR 

:DEN  v  :SLO 

:FRA  v  :HUN 

:SWE  v  :CRO 

But hopefully there will be some surprises (just not on our match today :d)

for me Egypt is favorite against Slovenia , i'd be surprised if they beat us 

4 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

i think Poland's goal is to set this team for 2023 WCH , so it's kind of working good in this tournament 

We will see. Maybe after this World Championships  we will have better results in next events. But so many european nations are better than us.