website statistics

Men's Handball IHF World Championship 2021

vlad

IHF really has to figure out a better way to draw these groups because, for example, the difference between Group A and B is ridiculous. We have played two matches where the most important task was to not get COViD or get injured, meanwhile the opposite side of our main round group is actually fighting for the qualification and all the matches are close. For us and Germany the World Championship starts tomorrow, and it's even worse (or better?) for Germany because the match against Uruguay isn't even good for training and they couldn't play against Cape Verde. 

And I hope Cape Verde somehow qualifies, because Uruguay, maybe the worst team at this event, going into the main round would be really silly. But I guess it's going to happen, unless some miracle happens very quickly. 

We didn't play well at all in the 2nd half,  and we still somehow beat Germany. I guess we will soon find out if this win is enough for the Top8, it can certainly make the main round a lot more chaotic in our group if we won't defeat Poland and Brazil.