website statistics

Men's Handball IHF World Championship 2021

vlad

9 minutes ago, Vektor said:

This event is prime example why the Olympics should be either postponed or cancelled soon IF the COVID situation won't get more manageable in the next couple of months. It would take a miracle for the Olympics not turn into a clusterfuck under these circumstances.

Cancelling half a year before would be way too drastic, especially considering that close to 1/4 of countries has started rolling out vaccines. The Olympics will without doubt need to do a lot of work to secure the bubbles of the athletes and helping athletes in especially Africa and small and/or poor countries would be a major boost as well.

Sure, cancelling half a year in advance could be an economic solution, but in other ways it would not be the right way.

44 minutes ago, Vektor said:

This event is prime example why the Olympics should be either postponed or cancelled soon IF the COVID situation won't get more manageable in the next couple of months. It would take a miracle for the Olympics not turn into a clusterfuck under these circumstances.

For a sporting fan on this forum, you are really pushing and hoping the OG are cancelled...

12 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

For a sporting fan on this forum, you are really pushing and hoping the OG are cancelled...

I don't like putting people in unnecessary danger for our entertainment. I also don't like the idea of an Olympics where a large number of top athletes can be withdrawn because of a virus. The Olympics should either go on the same way as used to be (just maybe without spectators) or if that's not possible, it should take a break like it did during the world wars. The Games is one of the largest events in the world with 10,000 athletes, I am not sure if you realize how hard it is to organize such an event when COVID isn't over yet. 

49 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I don't like putting people in unnecessary danger for our entertainment. I also don't like the idea of an Olympics where a large number of top athletes can be withdrawn because of a virus. The Olympics should either go on the same way as used to be (just maybe without spectators) or if that's not possible, it should take a break like it did during the world wars. The Games is one of the largest events in the world with 10,000 athletes, I am not sure if you realize how hard it is to organize such an event when COVID isn't over yet. 

No fans should be a certain, no one has problem with that. We are watching all sports without fans for a year now.

Other than that, they will take every precaution. It's the biggest event, which the whole World will be watching in one of the most safety obsessed places. Do you really think they would do nothing to make the event go safely and as planned. It will probably be safer there, than on the athletes everyday life in their own countries. Plus everyone has their own will, if they fear going, they won't go... 

Plus, you are only speculating of "top athletes withdrawn because of a virus". You don't know, if that will happen and i will take that chance a thousand times, than to cancel everything. There is no Olympics, where every top athletes has always participated either way. You know, because of qualification restrictions, because of injuries, because of bans, because of outside political shenanigans' like the Russia situation. If someone is unfortunately pulled out, because of Covid, why should it be any different, than if he had any other injury or decease.

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

No fans should be a certain, no one has problem with that. We are watching all sports without fans for a year now.

Other than that, they will take every precaution. It's the biggest event, which the whole World will be watching in one of the most safety obsessed places. Do you really think they would do nothing to make the event go safely and as planned. It will probably be safer there, than on the athletes everyday life in their own countries. Plus everyone has their own will, if they fear going, they won't go... 

Plus, you are only speculating of "top athletes withdrawn because of a virus". You don't know, if that will happen and i will take that chance a thousand times, than to cancel everything. There is no Olympics, where every top athletes has always participated either way. You know, because of qualification restrictions, because of injuries, because of bans, because of outside political shenanigans' like the Russia situation. If someone is unfortunately pulled out, because of Covid, why should it be any different, than if he had any other injury or decease.

If someone breaks their leg, that usually doesn't spread to 10-20 other athletes. And unlike other diseases before, COVID is everywhere, as is the case in a worldwide pandemic. And unlike in national leagues, you can't postpone a match or a final for weeks if a team or many athletes get unlucky, which they did even under a strict bubble in some cases.