website statistics

Men's Handball IHF World Championship 2021

vlad

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

nothing sure nowadays , but for now 100 % the tournament will be held , and for now there'll be fans attending the event , they're even looking for full capacity of stadiums :D and btw Angola defeated Qatar last WCH and lost all other matches :d

hopefully Egypt will be able to have the event with fans in the stadiums. :pope: I don't like to get used to watching important sport matches in empty stadiums !!

oh yes, I think I'm getting old :d how come I forgot that match :p I remembered they  beat Japan in the final (final for not finishing last)

10 hours ago, MHSN said:

hopefully Egypt will be able to have the event with fans in the stadiums. :pope: I don't like to get used to watching important sport matches in empty stadiums !!

oh yes, I think I'm getting old :d how come I forgot that match :p I remembered they  beat Japan in the final (final for not finishing last)

I forgot about that Angola and Japan Match :d

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, Laraja said:

It will be first World Champs for :USA since 20 years

Do you know how last place for South American team will decided since the qualification tournament is cancelled?

42 minutes ago, rybak said:

It will be first World Champs for :USA since 20 years

Do you know how last place for South American team will decided since the qualification tournament is cancelled?

Same as this one. Quota for Chile will be announced soon.

For context, the U.S. got 6th last year at the Pan American Games. We did beat Cuba in the group stage, but then lost the match for 5th place to them. Mexico also finished ahead of us in 4th. Puerto Rico did finish behind us in 7th, but we never played them directly. 

Handball is not well known in the U.S. at all. In fact, most people confuse the sport for a children’s game known as “handball/wallball”, or for a minor sport (similar to squash, racquetball, basque pelota) also known as “handball.”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela