Shooting

Sergey Richter - Men's 10m Air Rifle, Ukraine

Swimming

Yakov-Yan Toumarkin - Men's 100m Backstroke/200m Backstroke/200m IM, Russia

Andrea Murez - Women's 50m Freestyle/100m Freestyle, USA

Synchronized Swimming

Anastasia Gloushkov - Duet, Russia

Yevgeniya Tetelbaum - Duet, probably Russian too

Well, keep in mind that quite of few of these are just Jewish people that were born outside of Israel. It's not all so black and white in Israel's case (meaning that they weren't bought or something).

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, keep in mind that quite of few of these are just Jewish people that were born outside of Israel. It's not all so black and white in Israel's case.

Yeah most of them moved at a young age. Same with a lot of our Canadians.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb DaniSRB:

Canoeing

Lasma Liepa from Latvia

Table Tennis

Li Ahmet from China

and btw taekwondoka Tazegul is of Azerri origin born in Germany

So what? I think this thread isnt about athletes who have a foreign background, its about athletes who werent born in the country they represent now. Germany didnt buy any of those athletes, most of them came to Germany at a very young age and basically all of them were treated as normal citizens, we didnt pay them to come here and they had to do everything that a normal immigrant also has to do. The only exception i can think of is Chris Kaman who was naturalized before 2008 olympic games, although he had absolutely no connection to Germany. In my opinion a country like Spain are much worse, they try to naturalize everyone who plays in the spanish basketball/handball/football league. Germany on the other hand has lost tons of football players to countries like USA or Turkey. We also lost someone like Servet Tazegül to Turkey, althoug he lives in Germany, trains in Germany, competes for a german club and was born in Germany. I think everyone should compete for the country that "educated" him/her. No one should be allowed to compete for 2 different countries. People shouldnt compete for other countries, just because they arent good enough to qualify in their own country.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Emre Zafer....Barnes :facepalm::lol:

oh guys, buying athletes is one thing but giving them such names is even better!! :d

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

2 hours ago, Pavlo said:

Emre Zafer....Barnes :facepalm::lol:

oh guys, buying athletes is one thing but giving them such names is even better!! :d

Almost all of those Turkish athletes have different names

Emre Zafer Barnes = Winston Barnes

Jak Ali Harvey = Jacques Harvey

Ilham Tanui Ozbilen = William Biwott Tanui

Ali Kaya = Stanley Kiprotich Mukche

Polat Kemboi Arikan = Paul Kipkosgei Kemboi

Tarik Langat Akdag = Patrick Kipkirui Langat

Sultan Haydar = Chaltu Girmu Meshesha

Meryem Erdogan = Mariam Tanga

Karin Melis Mey = Karin Mey

Viktoria Zeynep Gunes = Viktoria Solnceva

Melek Hu = Hou Meiling

Selim Yasar = Zalimkhan Kartoev

Elif Jale Yesilirmak = Yulia Rekvava

Edited by juddy96

Brazil should have some naturalized players in the men's teams of Field Hockey, Rugby Sevens and Water Polo, but no name is confirmed yet. Larry Taylor also should be part of our Men's Basketball team. As for individual sports, the athletes confirmed so far are:

Nathalie Moellhausen, Fencing (Italy)
Xavier Vela Maggi, Rowing (Spain)
Gui Lin, Table Tennis (China)

Our Fencing team will probably have 1/2 more naturalized athletes, and Eduard Soghomonyan (Armenia) of Wrestling will try to be selected for the team. Considering that our Athletics program is pretty much terrible, it's "strange" that we won't have a naturalized athlete there :p

For me, the only one with some shot at a medal is Taylor, although I'm not predicting the Basketball team to get a medal.

As for brazilians competing for other nations, the ones I can remember right now are (not qualified yet):

Jefferson Santos, Beach Volleyball (Qatar)
Taciana Lima, Judo (Guinea-Bissau)

4 godziny temu, juddy96 napisał:

Almost all of those Turkish athletes have different names

Emre Zafer Barnes = Winston Barnes

Jak Ali Harvey = Jacques Harvey

Ilham Tanui Ozbilen = William Biwott Tanui

Ali Kaya = Stanley Kiprotich Mukche

Polat Kemboi Arikan = Paul Kipkosgei Kemboi

Tarik Langat Akdag = Patrick Kipkirui Langat

Sultan Haydar = Chaltu Girmu Meshesha

Meryem Erdogan = Mariam Tanga

Karin Melis Mey = Karin Mey

Viktoria Zeynep Gunes = Viktoria Solnceva

Melek Hu = Hou Meiling

Selim Yasar = Zalimkhan Kartoev

Elif Jale Yesilirmak = Yulia Rekvava

yes, but in most cases they either whole "more Turkized" or...less funny ;)

It`s like we`d call Li Qian Lilianna Kujanowska or Babayan = Babiński. This Barnes case made me lough so much - Monty Python style :d. Jak Ali Harvey is in fact good too 

Edited by Pavlo

as to Poles starting for other nations i`m not sure now. Certainly we have 3 countries with a lot of Polish names, it`s Germany (1 judoka, maybe some rowers or canoers like in the past, maybe some football or handball players), Denmark (Wozniacki in tennis and Kasprzak in dressage), Canada (some tennis players)

38 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

as to Poles starting for other nations i`m not sure now. [...] Canada (some tennis players)

Gabriela Dabrowski? Her father is from Poland and she speaks Polish (along with English and French) but she was born and raised in Canada.

5 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Brazil should have some naturalized players in the men's teams of Field Hockey, Rugby Sevens and Water Polo, but no name is confirmed yet. Larry Taylor also should be part of our Men's Basketball team. As for individual sports, the athletes confirmed so far are:

Nathalie Moellhausen, Fencing (Italy)
Xavier Vela Maggi, Rowing (Spain)
Gui Lin, Table Tennis (China)

Our Fencing team will probably have 1/2 more naturalized athletes, and Eduard Soghomonyan (Armenia) of Wrestling will try to be selected for the team. Considering that our Athletics program is pretty much terrible, it's "strange" that we won't have a naturalized athlete there :p

For me, the only one with some shot at a medal is Taylor, although I'm not predicting the Basketball team to get a medal.

As for brazilians competing for other nations, the ones I can remember right now are (not qualified yet):

Jefferson Santos, Beach Volleyball (Qatar)
Taciana Lima, Judo (Guinea-Bissau)

If I'm not mistaken you'll probably have two "Dutch" brothers in your field hockey team, right? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!