website statistics

Naturalized Athletes at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

5 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

If i noticed well, all qualified athletes from Bahrain are naturalized :redcard:

OMG! :facepalm:

You almost don't notice them with Azerbaijan and Qatar on headlines. I guess that's because they are not as successful in terms of medals/good results. Also Singapore, who has many Chinese-born athletes, but they are nothing like Bahrain.

#banbestmen

8 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

If i noticed well, all qualified athletes from Bahrain are naturalized :redcard:

Correct, every single one of them..

By the way, is your plan to create a list here? Because then I'll start :p

Athletics, women's 1500m: Sifan Hassan - Born in Ethopia, representing the Netherlands

Athletics, men's triple jump: Fabian Florant - Born in Dominica, representing the Netherlands

Table tennis, women's singles: Li Jie - Born in China, representing the Netherlands

Table tennis, women's singles: Li Jiao - Born in China, representing the Netherlands

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

OMG! :facepalm:

You almost don't notice them with Azerbaijan and Qatar on headlines. I guess that's because they are not as successful in terms of medals/good results. Also Singapore, who has many Chinese-born athletes, but they are nothing like Bahrain.

just found out one was born in Nigeria to Bahraini father (says wiki) :d

but they will have around 25 athletes at least and 99% naturalized :spank:

Azerbaijan will have quite big team with good number of sports and also half of them naturalized

Qatar even managed to buy team sport 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Correct, every single one of them..

By the way, is your plan to create a list here? Because then I'll start :p

Athletics, women's 1500m: Sifan Hassan - Born in Ethopia, representing the Netherlands

Athletics, men's triple jump: Fabian Florant - Born in Dominica, representing the Netherlands

Table tennis, women's singles: Li Jie - Born in China, representing the Netherlands

Table tennis, women's singles: Li Jiao - Born in China, representing the Netherlands

no plan.....just to discover biggest cheaters after doping :d

everyone can write their naturalized athletes :d

As for Serbia we will have +/-3

3 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

or 4 :d Benedek,Danijela and two more chance (Bedec and Arkady).

Also both Palestinians currently qualified are German-born. But you can't blame them, they didn't buy them. Their marathon runner is of Palestinian heritage (and she has Arab name) while their dressage rider is just a great enthusiast.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

12 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

Well of course not every case of naturalized athletes is cheating :d 

But yeah, countries like Bahrain or Azerbaijan who practically get their entire teams together like this...no thanks. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!