website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2020 Thread

NearPup

On 05/01/2020 at 17:46, Olympian1010 said:

Yes, Ajan needs to go before the IWF “new leaf” can be completely believed. I do feel like they’ve worked to improve, but this study is obviously worrying.

All effort regarding the enforcement of doping violations are worth nothing as long as top stars and competitors from certain countries are simply not tested out of competitions. International championships on that basis are just ridiculous. While ARD had no documents from 2019, it was said that HUNADO is still responsible for most of the doping tests.

2 hours ago, LowerSaxony said:

Unsurprisingly, IWF rejects the allegations: https://www.iwf.net/2020/01/06/iwf-rejects-ard-allegations/

Lying out their ass there. Something that strikes me is that they don’t directly deny HUNADO taking bribes. They also seem to be quite close to them, as they continuously talk about how great their cooperation is. It’s going to be a long year for the IWF.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Lying out their ass there. Something that strikes me is that they don’t directly deny HUNADO taking bribes. They also seem to be quite close to them, as they continuously talk about how great their cooperation is. It’s going to be a long year for the IWF.

Without concrete evidence they are only speculations...

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

Without concrete evidence they are only speculations...

True, but the ARD team has evidence, and they turned it over to the IOC, IWF, and WADA. I mean people are eventually find/see those documents. The IWF’s reliance upon HUNADO is also odd. I don’t know if that type of relationship with an IF is normal, but it’s definitely strange even without having personally seen the evidence. Ajan is just trying to cover his ass at this point. 

Here’s what I want to see, if any of this can be proven:

IWF suspended like AIBA

HUNADO suspended like RUSADA

Ajan kicked out of the IWF

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela