website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2020 Thread

NearPup

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Twice in a year or so. I mean, if you're afraid to fight the guys you're scheduled to fight, just be a man and admit it :lol:

Whomever uses EPO in 2019-20 is downright stupid. I believe his entire career was build on steroids but the really strict doping controls only came when the biggest fights arrived as well.

49 minutes ago, phelps said:

I suppose the conclusion is a bit reassuring - doping alone does not compensate for bad technique.  I’ve always thought that the reason Russians doped was not mediocre athletes trying to get better, but mediocre coaches trying to get quick results.  Unfortunately Russian sports are mostly run on old Soviet lines - ie the coaches have all the power, the athletes must obey like it’s still WWII.

26 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

A sport where cocaine is only going to help you hit the ball over the roof of the stadium & into the street.

well...it's always a sport played with a "hard stick"...so, maybe a bit of "coca" could be more helpful than many people thinks...:yikes: :lol: :rofl: :facepalm: :redcard:

:MEX Guadalupe Gonzalez ban has been upheld by CAS, so she won't be able to compete before November 2022.

However more sordid details about her original defense (against World Athletics) have appeared as it seems the National Sports Commission (Mexico's government sports authority) originally pressure her to hire the legal team that attempted a defense base on lies, and who are now being sued by Gonzalez.

If confirmed, it is another crime on the list of former "glory" Ana Guevara (head of said Commission), who is also being denounced as the intellectual author behind a murder attempt last month on a couple of men that were already accusing her of extortion in order to gain contracts to supply food at the national sports centers.