website statistics

Weightlifting 2020 Discussion Thread

MHSN

Image may contain: 1 person

photo for the Legendary Vasily Alekseyev one of the most iconic symbols of weightlifting and the Olympic Champion in the heavy weight in both 1972 and 1976 Olympic Games , WOW the amount of decorations makes u feel he participated at many wars :d

That looks like some random high-ranking officer in any army, usually they like to show every single one of their 'medals' and stripes even if they got them for total bullshit like being able to set up a tent or something :d (only an example of course)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Image may contain: 1 person

photo for the Legendary Vasily Alekseyev one of the most iconic symbols of weightlifting and the Olympic Champion in the heavy weight in both 1972 and 1976 Olympic Games , WOW the amount of decorations makes u feel he participated at many wars :d

Excuse us please...

nkextramedals.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the end for Ilya Ilyin, even though as mentioned in the article he almost had no chance to qualify.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1093895/ilya-ilyin-announces-retirement

he lost both of his Olympic titles, but he is still a 4 time World Champion and 2 time Asian Games gold medalist. there is no re-testing for those events !

interestingly he is still considered as a hero in Kazakhstan, they  (I mean people, not officials) either have no problem with doping or probably they think he was innocent ! :d

despite being one of the biggest cheaters in history of this sport, I still liked his personality. :d

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

the end for Ilya Ilyin, even though as mentioned in the article he almost had no chance to qualify.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1093895/ilya-ilyin-announces-retirement

he lost both of his Olympic titles, but he is still a 4 time World Champion and 2 time Asian Games gold medalist. there is no re-testing for those events !

interestingly he is still considered as a hero in Kazakhstan, they  (I mean people, not officials) either have no problem with doping or probably they think he was innocent ! :d

despite being one of the biggest cheaters in history of this sport, I still liked his personality. :d

One of the first lifters I watched in awe with a sense of no weight being too heavy for him. That epic battle in Almaty for the world title against Nurudinov and Bedzhanyan...man, that was something, from all three! Three attempts, three consecutive world records :bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 5 weeks later...

On 06/06/2020 at 12:44, heywoodu said:

I read the whole report, this pictures Tamas Ajan as devil himself :p while I agree with that, I wonder why nobody stopped this devil in past 45 years ?! hard to believe nobody in IOC/WADA/etc knew how corrupt he is. everybody in weightlifting community knows about him. I (as a normal sport fan) am not even an expert in this sport and I know some of his dirty actions.

I really hope they kick all of his friends out of IWF, maybe they even have to destroy IWF and create something new. this organization is corrupt to the core. I think this lady Ursula Papandrea is a good person but she is surrounded by Ajan's friends.