website statistics

Weightlifting 2020 Discussion Thread

MHSN

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How is there even a chance of China not sending Tian Tao? :yikes: 

I think  67, 73 and 81 are sure, then they have to choose between  61 and 96.I think it will depend on Moradi, if he doesnt  qualify  Tian Tao will go , otherwise it will be a tough choice.

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How is there even a chance of China not sending Tian Tao? :yikes: 

61 kg: Fight for Gold

67 kg: Chen Lijun favourite for Gold

73 kg: Shi Zhiyong huge favourite for Gold

81 kg: Either of Lyu/Li huge favourite for Gold

96 kg: El-Bakh isn't far from Tian. If Moradi manages to qualify, another Gold medal contender. If not Moradi, then Rostami has also lifted 403 recently. 

No Gold medal contender in last two categories

So, I think 67, 73 and 81 are confirmed for China. For 4th spot it would be between Tian and Li Fabin. 

That's just so sad :( 

IWF really needs to kick it's own ass to hell for fucking up this event.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Sohrab Moradi and Kianoush Rostami are both scheduled to participate in the last event in calendar (before the continental champs) in Colombia, even though that won't help Rostami much. but anything more than 370kg will help Moradi. from what I heard he lifted 220/225 in CJ at training but his snatch is still a bit weak because of that shoulder.

our WL federation thinks there will be no problem and Colombia event won't get canceled, but I wonder if they can even travel to Colombia ! flights are very limited these days.

beside that per new IWF guideline we can participate in other continental champs. and there are strong rumors Uzbekistan will withdraw from hosting the Asian Championships. so who is going to host Iranian weightlifters ? continental championship hosts are :RUS:MRI:DOM:NRU ! Russia has VERY strict travel ban rule right now, and I wonder if any Iranian ever traveled to MRI/DOM/NRU :d 

4 hours ago, Dolby said:

61 kg: Fight for Gold

67 kg: Chen Lijun favourite for Gold

73 kg: Shi Zhiyong huge favourite for Gold

81 kg: Either of Lyu/Li huge favourite for Gold

96 kg: El-Bakh isn't far from Tian. If Moradi manages to qualify, another Gold medal contender. If not Moradi, then Rostami has also lifted 403 recently. 

No Gold medal contender in last two categories

So, I think 67, 73 and 81 are confirmed for China. For 4th spot it would be between Tian and Li Fabin. 

I think Tian if preferred if he and Li Fabin are both healthy. Because 96kg is a heavy class wihch China never conquers before. It will be a breakthrough if Tian makes it.

• 4 weeks later...

Chinese weightlifting team held internal competition, athletes did not lose weight.

Live Streaming:http://cloud.xylink.com/live/v/2c94971170ee30f401711c79c2d06b1d?from=groupmessage&isappinstalled=0

Deng Wei snatch 118kg in training, but the competition was not good.

89.png

Edited by Function CR Lee

I'm no expert, but especially Lyu Xiaojun's performance seems very impressive considering he's only slightly above the weight limit, as opposed to many others, and he still set absolute world class results. Hou Zhihui was pretty close to her world championships silver medal weight and was even inside the weight limit. Wang Zhouyu even surpassed her gold medal winning world championships score and was way under the weight limit, impressive (even though I'm guessing women's 87kg is not nearly as competitive yet as men's 81kg).

Very interesting to see, especially to have the actual body weights included!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

46 minutes ago, Function CR Lee said:

Chinese weightlifting team held internal competition, athletes did not lose weight.

Live Streaming:http://cloud.xylink.com/live/v/2c94971170ee30f401711c79c2d06b1d?from=groupmessage&isappinstalled=0

Deng Wei snatch 118kg in training, but the competition was not good.

89.png

Was it a Olympic trial competition