website statistics
Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!
 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

 

  • Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

 

Sign In | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
MHSN

Weightlifting 2020 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Fiji’s biggest sporting mistake will always be chasing her off the national team: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1089908/cikamatana-wins-again-at-roma-world-cup

 

I can’t believe they let her slip through they’re grasps. They “Kobe”ed a medal away right there.


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Fiji’s biggest sporting mistake will always be chasing her off the national team: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1089908/cikamatana-wins-again-at-roma-world-cup

 

I can’t believe they let her slip through they’re grasps. They “Kobe”ed a medal away right there.

Sure sounds like they only have themselves to blame tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Sure sounds like they only have themselves to blame tbh.

Yep, which of course really pisses me off, since Fiji is one of the nations I support (I cheer for most of the Oceanic nations, but I generally chose Fiji, Vanuatu, or the Cook Islands over all the others)


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In an 1 month old article I just stumbled upon yesterday, Citra Febrianti hasn't received her silver medal years after London 2012 53kg women's medal officially reallocated. Her letter was ignored by the Weightlifting Federation and now she is attempting to meet the president...

 

https://lampung.tribunnews.com/2019/12/23/citra-febriyanti-peraih-medali-perak-di-olimpiade-london-mau-ketemu-jokowi-koni-kami-akan-bantu

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/01/2020 at 05:34, Griff88 said:

In an 1 month old article I just stumbled upon yesterday, Citra Febrianti hasn't received her silver medal years after London 2012 53kg women's medal officially reallocated. Her letter was ignored by the Weightlifting Federation and now she is attempting to meet the president...

 

https://lampung.tribunnews.com/2019/12/23/citra-febriyanti-peraih-medali-perak-di-olimpiade-london-mau-ketemu-jokowi-koni-kami-akan-bantu

 

 

Actually IWF have not a president :p Elections will be in few weeks I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Actually IWF have not a president :p Elections will be in few weeks I guess

The president of the country :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

The president of the country :p

Oh well :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...