website statistics

Wrestling 2020 Discussion Thread

MHSN

26 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Is there any news that world wrestling championship will be back in december 

no as far as I know. in Iran they sent everybody home and closed the training camp (also because almost everybody inside the camp got the virus ! :wacko:)

you heard something about it ? :mumble:

29 minutes ago, MHSN said:

no as far as I know. in Iran they sent everybody home and closed the training camp (also because almost everybody inside the camp got the virus ! :wacko:)

you heard something about it ? :mumble:

Yes i read an article on our player Samar Hamza Facebook page that UWW returned WCH in Belgrade but i know tgat they might messed up between WCH and WC ? , so sad to hear about your players Corona is spreading again unfortumately in middle east 

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Yes i read an article on our player Samar Hamza Facebook page that UWW returned WCH in Belgrade but i know tgat they might messed up between WCH and WC ? , so sad to hear about your players Corona is spreading again unfortumately in middle east 

Yes I think so, our wrestling federation usually publishes all letter they receive from UWW and they have some guys inside UWW, I assume they would know about it if UWW has another plan.

they started the training camp for this WCh and tested everybody before the start but apparently one of the wrestlers was infected (and we know tests are not 100% accurate) and almost the whole Greco squad plus some freestylers got infected. as far as I know they are all OK and showing minor symptoms,  only the Greco head coach had to be hospitalized for couple days. Iran won't send a full team to this World Cup in Belgrade but they said it's possible to send some few wrestlers. since this is not a World Championship anymore, I assume most countries will do the same. even though I read on Russian websites that Russia will send the A team.

• 1 month later...