website statistics

Wrestling 2020 Discussion Thread

MHSN

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

They are not (and will not be for Tokyo) Italian citizens. Being few foreigners in Italy, and not being married to an Italian, they would have to wait 10 years for citizenship. The only way to obtain it is an ad hoc provision of the council of ministers that assigns the citizen to him for sporting merits (but every year there is a maximum citizenship limit to be assigned)

no, it's not like that...:finger:

both Kakhelashvili and Conyedo now are Italian citizens at 100% and they will be able to take part into the OQTs...

Kudiamagomedov hasn't got the Italian citizenship yet, but, as I wrote a few months ago, he's also likely to be done as high level wrestler because of his hip and knee injury, he hasn't fully recovered from and according to our technical director Lucio Caneva, he probably won't recover from anymore - basically they had to rebuild his leg, so bad was the injury)...

11 minutes ago, phelps said:

both Kakhelashvili and Conyedo now are Italian citizens at 100% and they will be able to take part into the OQTs...

Kudiamagomedov hasn't got the Italian citizenship yet, but, as I wrote a few months ago, he's also likely to be done as high level wrestler because of his hip and knee injury, he hasn't fully recovered from and according to our technical director Lucio Caneva, he probably won't recover from anymore - basically they had to rebuild his leg, so bad was the injury)...

so you are saying Conyedo are Nikoloz are 100% confirmed. but Kudiamagomedov is still injured ? and won't recover in time ?

what was their chance (I mean all 3 of them) if IOC wouldn't postpone the Olympics ?

24 minutes ago, phelps said:

I didn't remember that Lamorgese give the italian citizenship to Conyedo, you're totally right. 

I completely forgot it :wall:

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

so you are saying Conyedo are Nikoloz are 100% confirmed. but Kudiamagomedov is still injured ? and won't recover in time ?

what was their chance (I mean all 3 of them) if IOC wouldn't postpone the Olympics ?

for what concerns Conyedo, it would have been the same as right now...he got our citizenship at the end of 2019, so he only missed the world champs, but he would have been able to participate to the OQTs even in early 2020...

Kakhelashivili is the big winner, as he got the citizenship only a couple of months ago...so, he wouldn't have been able even to try and qualify for the Games if they weren't postponed...

Kudiiamagomedov I think is at 0% in any case...the injury he sustained was basically a career-ending one (and in any case right now he hasn't got the Italian passport yet, so he wouldn't be able to start in the OQTs even if he had a miracolous recovery)...

Last weekend we had 3 international competitions in Croatia, Russia and Poland, they are the first international competitions since March !

I was checking the list and in total 22 countries sent wrestlers to these 3 events. I consider it as a sign that they will most probably participate at the 2020 World Championships (if UWW doesn't cancel it) 18 of them are from Europe !

:POL:SRB:TUR:CRO:MDA:EST:LAT:FRA:SWE:RUS:HUN:ROU:ESP:TUN:KGZ:NED:GBR:GRE:AZE:ARG:UZB:MKD

on other hand we know USA and Japan officially withdrew, apparently Kazakhstan and Cuba did the same. and most probably Canada. I also heard Germany is considering withdrawal too

18 countries finished in top 10 (at least in one of those 3 styles) in last World Championship, 6 of them are in the list above, 4 of them most probably will withdraw, (still not sure about Germany) I know Iran and India will participate for sure, Armenia is not a sure thing because of the war, GEO, MGL and UKR are likely to participate, and I have no idea about China.

Serbia just hosted the World Sambo Championship in past few days ! :crazy: so I guess unless some huge changes happen they are OK to host the competition. UWW claims something like 70 NOCs registered to participate but I think we won't see more than 40-50. probably even less. it will be a weak World Champs specially in women's wrestling without Japan and USA. but as long as Russia sends A team (which they will) this is still a prestigious World Championship.

UWW just cancels the 2020 Worlds :(

there will be a nonsense event called "Individual World Cup" instead . which is just another international tournament in my opinion. :wacko:

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/wrestling-organize-individual-world-cup-lieu-2020-world-championships

FB_IMG_1605138157630.jpg

Ibrahim Ghanem previous wrestler for Egypt who escaped after 2017 Wchs when he reached quarters back then wrestles now for France in -72 GR weight category and won silver medal in GP in Poland , i just knew that he participated in Europran Championship back in February and finished 10th , this guy plays in the same weight category that our wrestler Mohamed Ibrahim Kesho plays who finished 5th in last Wch hopefully they'll meet and Kesho would destroy him :p

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

Ibrahim Ghanem previous wrestler for Egypt who escaped after 2017 Wchs when he reached quarters back then wrestles now for France in -72 GR weight category and won silver medal in GP in Poland , i just knew that he participated in Europran Championship back in February and finished 10th , this guy plays in the same weight category that our wrestler Mohamed Ibrahim Kesho plays who finished 5th in last Wch hopefully they'll meet and Kesho would destroy him :p

he is a pretty good wrestler actually :d also a bronze medalist in CISM Games few years ago. but with this limited quotas remaining I highly doubt he can qualify for the Olympics.

but yes I think if they meet, Kesho (I didn't know that's his nickname :d) will beat him relatively easily. he is one of the guys I'm looking forward to see in Tokyo. I know there are some very good wrestlers like Borrero at 67kg but I expect "Kesho" to win a medal in Tokyo. and maybe something better than bronze or silver :d he got robbed a medal last year against Stabler. hopefully the officiating will be better in Tokyo. even though with this coronavirus it's really hard to predict anything. I don't know how they are training nowadays. we had some unbelievable surprises in our own trials last week.

44 minutes ago, MHSN said:

he is a pretty good wrestler actually :d also a bronze medalist in CISM Games few years ago. but with this limited quotas remaining I highly doubt he can qualify for the Olympics.

but yes I think if they meet, Kesho (I didn't know that's his nickname :d) will beat him relatively easily. he is one of the guys I'm looking forward to see in Tokyo. I know there are some very good wrestlers like Borrero at 67kg but I expect "Kesho" to win a medal in Tokyo. and maybe something better than bronze or silver :d he got robbed a medal last year against Stabler. hopefully the officiating will be better in Tokyo. even though with this coronavirus it's really hard to predict anything. I don't know how they are training nowadays. we had some unbelievable surprises in our own trials last week.

I know Ibrahim is a very good wrestler , he was our best sometime ago but ofc not as good as Kesho ? btw his neckname is el Wensh :D , he won medals back in junior and maybe U23 as well , for Kesho i have really big hopes of him but i don't know where he'll stand after Corona u know everything is unpredictable these days especially in sport and yes sadly he was robbed against Stabler in this BMM