website statistics

Wrestling 2020 Discussion Thread

MHSN

• 1 month later...
On 10/09/2020 at 22:17, Grassmarket said:

fortunately this is the internet age, and every results are archived, otherwise they would make this guy a former Olympic champion or something like that. "Champion wrestler" ! yes sure, he was a wrestler a decade ago in his town. by IOC standards that surely qualifies him to be a "Champion"

since IOC/FIFA/ AAA/BBB/CCC are worried about the murderers, I wonder why they didn't defend Oscar Pistorius, he was an Olympian and a Paralympics champion after all, he had the right to kill people and walk free, they were cruel to deny him that right. :thumbdown:#FreeOscarMurderious

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

fortunately this is the internet age, and every results are archived, otherwise they would make this guy a former Olympic champion or something like that. "Champion wrestler" ! yes sure, he was a wrestler a decade ago in his town. by IOC standards that surely qualifies him to be a "Champion"

since IOC/FIFA/ AAA/BBB/CCC are worried about the murderers, I wonder why they didn't defend Oscar Pistorius, he was an Olympian and a Paralympics champion after all, he had the right to kill people and walk free, they were cruel to deny him that right. :thumbdown:#FreeOscarMurderious

I don't think his achievements or status as athlete or the political use of IOC should be a point of discussion here. Rather if he's actually guilty and if it's true or not that his confession was extracted under torture (I don't know anything about the specifics of the case so I won't pass judgement on that).

5 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I don't think his achievements or status as athlete or the political use of IOC should be a point of discussion here. Rather if he's actually guilty and if it's true or not that his confession was extracted under torture (I don't know anything about the specifics of the case so I won't pass judgement on that).

that's true but then this guy is an ordinary person, this is like any other murder case. and it has nothing to do with IOC, FIFA (seriously, FIFA ?) and other non-clean organizations. even though even if he was an Olympic champion that still had nothing to do with the IOC. do they interfere in every single case in China, Saudi Arabia or any other country ? or it's always easier to act like a fake "hero" when it's about Iran ?

I don't want to get into details, this is a sport forum, but from what I read, heard and watched, I think he is guilty, of course I don't trust the system though. but this is just a simple murder case, not a security/political matter. (where they feel they have to lie) the Iranian regime is notorious for dishonestly, so you always can say something against them and hope for people to believe it.  that's what this guy's family is doing. but I don't think this is going to help him, his claim doesn't have much support inside the country (unlike another case a month ago about 3 other kids and they survived eventually) this is mostly twitter and naive western journalists trying to make a story

12 hours ago, MHSN said:

that's true but then this guy is an ordinary person, this is like any other murder case. and it has nothing to do with IOC, FIFA (seriously, FIFA ?) and other non-clean organizations. even though even if he was an Olympic champion that still had nothing to do with the IOC. do they interfere in every single case in China, Saudi Arabia or any other country ? or it's always easier to act like a fake "hero" when it's about Iran ?

I don't want to get into details, this is a sport forum, but from what I read, heard and watched, I think he is guilty, of course I don't trust the system though. but this is just a simple murder case, not a security/political matter. (where they feel they have to lie) the Iranian regime is notorious for dishonestly, so you always can say something against them and hope for people to believe it.  that's what this guy's family is doing. but I don't think this is going to help him, his claim doesn't have much support inside the country (unlike another case a month ago about 3 other kids and they survived eventually) this is mostly twitter and naive western journalists trying to make a story

Just another routine news for China, Russia and Iran. Just calm down and chill.:coffee:

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

Just another routine news for China, Russia and Iran. Just calm down and chill.:coffee:

yes I know , that's true about the western media, I don't care much about them

but I can't remember the great clean lovely IOC ever publishes a statement like this about any other country.

https://www.olympic.org/news/ioc-statement-on-the-execution-of-wrestler-navid-afkari-in-iran

next time they should ask IAAF/WA permission, since everybody runs at least once in a while.

btw an Iranian kid, this time a real wrestler, youth Olympic medalist was facing death because of cancer and because of lack of special medicines in Iran, I can't remember if anybody cared. specially the great IOC. you can't even find a line in English about him.

9 minutes ago, MHSN said:

yes I know , that's true about the western media, I don't care much about them

but I can't remember the great clean lovely IOC ever publishes a statement like this about any other country.

https://www.olympic.org/news/ioc-statement-on-the-execution-of-wrestler-navid-afkari-in-iran

next time they should ask IAAF/WA permission, since everybody runs at least once in a while.

btw an Iranian kid, this time a real wrestler, youth Olympic medalist was facing death because of cancer and because of lack of special medicines in Iran, I can't remember if anybody cared. specially the great IOC. you can't even find a line in English about him.

He was facing death? What's the current situation there?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

He was facing death? What's the current situation there?

his treatment process faced more difficulties because of the coronavirus but a week ago he said he beat the cancer, probably a bit of exaggeration, cancer is not easy to beat but at least he is not in danger anymore, at least for now

his pics before and after the cancer

1.png

01524432.jpg