website statistics

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

• Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign In | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
thepharoah

Taekwondo 2020 Discussion Thread

39 minutes ago, MHSN said:

wow this is new ! I didn't know that, that's big. he is a former world medalist, the most entertaining Iranian taekwondo athlete IMO, so talented , he was just physically weak that's why he didn't dominate the world in his time.

the last time I heard about him, he had some serious health issues (even life threatening if I'm not wrong) and that's why they didn't invite him to the national team anymore. when I googled his name, there was absolutely nothing about him during 2019.

checking his instagram, he is just happy to win a gold after a year of absence ! doesn't mention anything about changing nationality but we heard these stories before.

as I said before, with this rate soon half of the competitors in world stage will be Iranian born :facepalm: most of them are not that good though but this guy (if healthy) is really good. he is Olympic gold medal material. of course it depends on his physical situation.

maybe he was just playing for an Emirate club in the tournament 

44 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

yes that's possible

but there are already two profiles for him , one for Iran, and one for UAE (empty profile though) with some differences in his surname

https://worldtkd.simplycompete.com/playerProfile/11e6eef4-55bc-66dc-92b4-12f817a4f090

https://worldtkd.simplycompete.com/playerProfile/11ea3bad-b911-96f1-8f4c-02dd56220184

• Like 1

2020 Asian Taekwondo Championship in Lebanon got cancelled , no need to say why :facepalm: no update if they postponed the competition or changed the venue but Asian Taekwondo Confederation noticed all national federations about this.

On 04/02/2020 at 04:45, thepharoah said:

it seems your guess was correct, or at least that's what he claims. he is training in Oman and UAE these days and works in an Emirate club. he claims he has no intention to represent another country even though he knows it will be an uphill task for him to find his way back to the Iranian national team.

• Like 1