website statistics

Taekwondo 2020 Discussion Thread

thepharoah

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wait, his father accused him of fraud? And 80% of Jordan's people are born in Palestine? I am a little confused but very interested :p 

His father is the one who's accused of fraud and as long as Ahmed is working in a security sector in Jordan as mentioned from Jordanese federation he's accused as well, any way Jordanese people mainly come from Palestine, they're sometimes born there or being originally from there, Jordan become the 2nd home of Palestinians after the declaration of Israel 

12 hours ago, LDOG said:

I don't understand why the retirement. Is he banned from competition in the future or something?

most likely, he knows what to expect in those 6 months in jail and also that he won't be the same guy anymore once he gets out (if he gets out at all)...:facepalm:

you know, Middle East jails are quite famous for the "treatment" given to their guests...:hairpull:

27 minutes ago, phelps said:

most likely, he knows what to expect in those 6 months in jail and also that he won't be the same guy anymore once he gets out (if he gets out at all)...:facepalm:

you know, Middle East jails are quite famous for the "treatment" given to their guests...:hairpull:

I don't know about Jordan specifically but It's not really like that. :d and Jordan is not Saudi Arabia, Syria or Yemen. beside that he is their only Olympic medalist in history after all.

I don't know anything more about this case but I somehow consider it as " if you put me in jail. I'm not going to win medals for you anymore"

beside that he had a surgery few months ago (he got injured right before the end of the Olympic qualification period) maybe that's his reason and not anything else.

22 hours ago, MHSN said:

I don't know about Jordan specifically but It's not really like that. :d and Jordan is not Saudi Arabia, Syria or Yemen. beside that he is their only Olympic medalist in history after all.

I don't know anything more about this case but I somehow consider it as " if you put me in jail. I'm not going to win medals for you anymore"

beside that he had a surgery few months ago (he got injured right before the end of the Olympic qualification period) maybe that's his reason and not anything else.

of course I was just going extreme on an argument that's quite (in)famous here in the Western world (here in Italy, Lybia and Egypt are on the newspapers' first pages almost every day because of that kind of issue :facepalm:)...

and I hope you're right on the fact that it could be a bit of "prevention"...just in case...

59 minutes ago, phelps said:

of course I was just going extreme on an argument that's quite (in)famous here in the Western world (here in Italy, Lybia and Egypt are on the newspapers' first pages almost every day because of that kind of issue :facepalm:)...

and I hope you're right on the fact that it could be a bit of "prevention"...just in case...

I know people in western world mostly have a wrong idea about the rest of the world (not completely wrong though but mostly exaggerated) things like that don't happen in established governments unless you are doing something against the dictators . and Jordan has an established government. I'm almost sure the chance of someone getting killed in jail in Jordan is the same as Italy, USA or Japan ! jails are not the safest possible place everywhere in the world.

yes Libya is different, the country is ruined (unfortunately) and nobody is really in charge. there is no rule there (even a bad rule) but Jordan is a completely different story. on contrary in these countries (including Iran) famous people usually get away from their crimes. I mean even if they go to jail that will be a "soft jail" means they will have some privileges. unless as I said they are against the dictators. which I don't think that's the case here for Abu Ghaush.