website statistics

Taekwondo 2020 Discussion Thread

thepharoah

39 minutes ago, MHSN said:

wow this is new ! I didn't know that, that's big. he is a former world medalist, the most entertaining Iranian taekwondo athlete IMO, so talented , he was just physically weak that's why he didn't dominate the world in his time.

the last time I heard about him, he had some serious health issues (even life threatening if I'm not wrong) and that's why they didn't invite him to the national team anymore. when I googled his name, there was absolutely nothing about him during 2019.

checking his instagram, he is just happy to win a gold after a year of absence ! doesn't mention anything about changing nationality but we heard these stories before.

as I said before, with this rate soon half of the competitors in world stage will be Iranian born :facepalm: most of them are not that good though but this guy (if healthy) is really good. he is Olympic gold medal material. of course it depends on his physical situation.

maybe he was just playing for an Emirate club in the tournament 

44 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

yes that's possible

but there are already two profiles for him , one for Iran, and one for UAE (empty profile though) with some differences in his surname

https://worldtkd.simplycompete.com/playerProfile/11e6eef4-55bc-66dc-92b4-12f817a4f090

https://worldtkd.simplycompete.com/playerProfile/11ea3bad-b911-96f1-8f4c-02dd56220184

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/02/2020 at 04:45, thepharoah said:

it seems your guess was correct, or at least that's what he claims. he is training in Oman and UAE these days and works in an Emirate club. he claims he has no intention to represent another country even though he knows it will be an uphill task for him to find his way back to the Iranian national team.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The Olympic Champion Ahmed Abu Ghaush announced his retirement on his facebook page, right now he's in jail facing accusations of fraud by his father in his jordanese papers from 32 ys he is originally from Palestine like 80% of Jordan's peopke I don't really understand what is his problem in this but it looks like his retirement is serious and we won't see him playing in Tokyo 

23 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

The Olympic Champion Ahmed Abu Ghaush announced his retirement on his facebook page, right now he's in jail facing accusations of fraud by his father in his jordanese papers from 32 ys he is originally from Palestine like 80% of Jordan's peopke I don't really understand what is his problem in this but it looks like his retirement is serious and we won't see him playing in Tokyo 

Wait, his father accused him of fraud? And 80% of Jordan's people are born in Palestine? I am a little confused but very interested :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!