website statistics

Swimming 2020 Discussion Thread

George_D

5 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I agree. If his wife wasn’t chinese and/or beautiful, his cheating wouldn’t really matter, but since she is chinese and beautiful (apparently), it is completely unacceptable.

Well, I would like to say Japanese sports federation require exceptional high behavior standards for athletes. I am not sure if suspension would also apply to other athletes. But for him, it's more like because he's the captain of national swimming team and the most famous one, that's why paparazzi followed him, shot the photo and becoming a social news afterwards.

8 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Well, I would like to say Japanese sports federation require exceptional high behavior standards for athletes. I am not sure if suspension would also apply to other athletes. But for him, it's more like because he's the captain of national swimming team and the most famous one, that's why paparazzi followed him, shot the photo and becoming a social news afterwards.

Ah, paparazzi. The scum of the earth followed him. If he wasn't a cheating a-hole, one might feel sorry for him.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 4 weeks later...

it's raining records (world, continental, national) in the first day of the ISL Finals in Budapest...

"man of the match", not even to be said...Caeleb Dressel...

he just destroyed the short course WR in the men's 100m Fly with 47.78...then he massacred his opponents also in the men's 50m Free with 20.16 (Florent Manaudou was second in 20.60) and finally he swam 45.15 in the first leg of the men's 4*100m Free Relay...

15-year young Italian rising star Benedetta Pilato was second to Lilly King (USA) in the women's 50m Breaststroke (28.77 to 28.81), but her clocking tied the short course European record...

not to mention, also quite a few national records were established this afternoon...

all in all, this ISL "in the bubble" was quite a good show...way better than last year's itinerant format, to be honest...

update...

a second world record was swum today...Kliment Kolesnikov (RUS) lowered the previous mark held by the Chinese Xu Jiyao by more than 3/10 of a second...48.58 is the new mark...

finally, the women's 4*100m mixed relay was won by the "Cali Condors" team with a time below the world record, but of course it won't be officially recognized (even if the 4 girls are all from the USA)...

final day of the 2020 ISL Finals...

and it was quite a show, like yesterday...

Caeleb Dressel played once again the role of the cannibal, winning many races (100m Free, with 45.08, new AR, 50m Fly, 100m Medley with 49.28, new World Record, and also the Mixed 4*100m Free Relay) and breaking all sort of record...

the second WR of the day came thanks to Adam Peaty in the men's 100m Breaststroke, edging out Ilya Shymanovich (BLR) 55.41 to 55.49 (the Belorussian actually tied his own old WR)...

among others, to be mentioned another amazing performance by Kliment Kolesnikov over the men's 100m Back (just a few hundreds of a second outside his WR time from yesterday) and a bunch of new National and Continental records from a lot of swimmers (Olivia Smoliga, Lilly King, Duncan Scott)...

for the history books, as the ISL is a "club team" competition, we must also say that the winners of this year's event are the Cali Condors, Caeleb Dressel's team...

Why didn't Eurosport show it this year? Budget cuts again? I don't think the ratings could be that dreadful last year for them to completely scrap it. Though when watching it last year, i didn't find it that interesting and the teams were so random, it made no sense. 

22 minutes ago, phelps said:

final day of the 2020 ISL Finals...

and it was quite a show, like yesterday...

Caeleb Dressel played once again the role of the cannibal, winning many races (100m Free, with 45.08, new AR, 50m Fly, 100m Medley with 49.28, new World Record, and also the Mixed 4*100m Free Relay) and breaking all sort of record...

the second WR of the day came thanks to Adam Peaty in the men's 100m Breaststroke, edging out Ilya Shymanovich (BLR) 55.41 to 55.49 (the Belorussian actually tied his own old WR)...

among others, to be mentioned another amazing performance by Kliment Kolesnikov over the men's 100m Back (just a few hundreds of a second outside his WR time from yesterday) and a bunch of new National and Continental records from a lot of swimmers (Olivia Smoliga, Lilly King, Duncan Scott)...

for the history books, as the ISL is a "club team" competition, we must also say that the winners of this year's event are the Cali Condors, Caeleb Dressel's team...

I'm so glad that our swimmers were part of winning team :cheer:

https://www.facebook.com/Kacper.Majchrzak92/photos/a.442267645818552/3748870718491545/

126874903_3748870721824878_6141770842641