website statistics

Swimming 2020 Discussion Thread

George_D

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

China takes the 4*100 Mixed Medley WR at 3:38.41

Will it will be ratified? I am very surprised that there was a doping test performed.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 01/10/2020 at 23:12, OlympicsFan said:

Will it will be ratified? I am very surprised that there was a doping test performed.

I think it will be ratified cause it's the official Olympic qualification event as scheduled. Besides this record, also some other asian records are broke and several new Olympic quotas obtained.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone noticed Seto's marriage affair before? I am quite shocked because his image in mind is a responsible and almost perfect man who has a beautiful Chinese wife. But I think it weird he got suspended for having affair, for a short time though. Hope it won't interrupt his training. He is my favorite foreign swimming athlete:bounce:

25 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Anyone noticed Seto's marriage affair before? I am quite shocked because his image in mind is a responsible and almost perfect man who has a beautiful Chinese wife. But I think it weird he got suspended for having affair, for a short time though. Hope it won't interrupt his training. He is my favorite foreign swimming athlete:bounce:

Bit of a weird interview as well. It's like his image as a swimmer is more important to him than his actual family, even saying "so that my family and everyone will recognise me as a swimmer again". I really don't think being recognised as a swimmer again should be priority when you're screwing your marriage..

By the way, a quick Google search leads to his wife being Yuka Mabuchi...a Japanese diver?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Bit of a weird interview as well. It's like his image as a swimmer is more important to him than his actual family, even saying "so that my family and everyone will recognise me as a swimmer again". I really don't think being recognised as a swimmer again should be priority when you're screwing your marriage..

By the way, a quick Google search leads to his wife being Yuka Mabuchi...a Japanese diver?

Yes a Japanese diver. Her father was a Chinese diver and being coach in Japan after retirement. She was born in China, moving to Japan very little and naturalized to Japan together with her parents. So generally Chinese fans like Seto a lot and called him Chinese son-in-law sometimes.

11 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

I agree. If his wife wasn’t chinese and/or beautiful, his cheating wouldn’t really matter, but since she is chinese and beautiful (apparently), it is completely unacceptable.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.